Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike_C1
Level 7

TuneIn streams stop after 10 minutes

Hi all - I have a Roku 2 device which works flawlessly for everything with one exception:  When streaming audio via TuneIn stations, it plays for about 10 minutes, audio stops (acts as if it's buffering with spinning circle), then eventually bumps me out of the channel.  I believe the issue began about 6-8 weeks ago.  I have contacted TuneIn but only got a boilerplate response about checking my internet connection, power cycling the device, etc...which I have done dozens of times.  This occurs on every TuneIn channel, from their own proprietary streams, to third party streams.  My wifi signal is good, and all other apps - both audio and video - play just fine.

Other remedies I've tried:  used the factory restore command, used the reset button on the Roku itself, deleted and re-added the TuneIn app, confirmed that all available software updates were performed.  

Other system info:  
Model:  4210X - Roku 2
Serial:  5Y25AA093168
Software version 9.0.0 build 4142-04

All evidence suggests it's a TuneIn issue and compatibility with Roku 2.  Before I throw in the towel and upgrade my device, I was wondering if any other Roku 2 users are able to stream TuneIn audio for more than 10 minutes?  Other suggested solutions welcomed.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
makaiguy
Level 10

Re: TuneIn streams stop after 10 minutes

FWIW - I use the TuneIn app on my phone and also have the streams stop.  In my case the timing seems more random, anywhere from 5 minutes to several hours. 

Also sometimes streams will slow way down to the point that voices sound like alligators growling, or else speed up and sound like chipmunks.   Pause/restart doesn't cure it, but 30-sec replay or advance does.

I think TuneIn, in general, is just buggy.
Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi connected - Samsung UN55ES6100
Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi connected - JVC EM37T
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"Mike_C" wrote:

Other system info:  
Model:  4210X - Roku 2
Software version 9.0.0 build 4142-04

All evidence suggests it's a TuneIn issue and compatibility with Roku 2.  Before I throw in the towel and upgrade my device, ...

I would not expect any of the current lineup to perform any better than your Roku 2. The model 4210 is identical -- not nearly identical, actually identical -- to the Roku 3. It's a heckuva device. When I experienced an issue with my Ultra recently, I used my old Roku 2 (model 4210) while I did some troubleshooting. The difference in performance between the Ultra and the Roku 2 were hardly noticeable, and even not noticeable after a short period of time.

Whatever the issue is, I suspect it's not an incompatibility with the Roku 2 model 4210.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Mike_C1
Level 7

Thanks for the replies.  Just wanted to note, for the record, that the issue has been resolved.  Your instincts were correct, DBDukes...it wasn't a problem with the Roku 2.  A wifi analyzer app showed an intermittent dropout of the signal.  Most streams were not affected (nor were any other wireless clients), but it stopped TuneIn dead in its tracks.  I replaced the router today, and the music has been solid.  Thanks again.
0 Kudos