Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LilZebra
Level 7

TuneIn - Low Pitched "OK" Sound Every 20 secs.

I have TuneIn.com on all my devices and the Roku is the only one that every 20 seconds or so I get a low pitched tone that is the same as when you select "OK" on a Roku menu. It's very irritating to hear this. Happens on all channels AFAIK.

There appears to be a pattern to it as it'll do this every 20 seconds -- :12, :32, :52 only.

Device is an RCA 3261 32".
5 REPLIES 5\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TuneIn - Low Pitched "OK" Sound Every 20 secs.

If you set the "Menu volume" to Off in the Roku settings does the sound go away?
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
pschleuse
Level 7

Thanks for the suggestion. It's not an acceptable workaround to the bug, but as a diagnostic, yes: if the menu volume is off the "OK" sounds go away. But keeping Menu Volume off all the time isn't acceptable to me.

rossjason
Level 7

I have the same issue. Any updates?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I don't use the channel, but does it have a screensaver that overrides your usual screensaver?  I have to wonder if they're periodically sending a keypress to inhibit the usual screensaver from invoking.  I'd try to get in touch with the developer.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Brandinog
Level 7

This was perfect. Who needs that annoying beep in the menu anyway. 

0 Kudos