Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alritchie

Tucker Carlson Tonight on Fox Nation

Jump to solution

Is anyone else having issues with the Tucker Carlson Tonight show on the Fox Nation app? I realize it takes several days for Roku to upload the episodes so usually we watch them anywhere from 5 days to a week later than original air date. However, we watched an episode on Tuesday, 8/3 (the episode was from the previous week) with no problems. Then on Wednesday, 8/4 when we tried to watch another one, the episodes show up but when you try to play them a message appears that says "no provider support." I have contacted both Fox Nation & Roku customer support, neither of which were any help. Thanks! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Tucker Carlson Tonight on Fox Nation

Jump to solution

@alritchie

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's content and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
26 REPLIES 26
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@alritchie

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's content and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

There's nothing Roku can do to help. That's a function completely within the channel, and only the channel provider can assist with that. Fox support is all you can do. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
hayestennessee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So if it's true that this is a network...that being Fox....why can I access all other Fox shows? Seems kinda odd to me

0 Kudos
Jack54

Jump to solution

I don't know but, I too am having trouble viewing Tucker Carlson. His icon on Roku Fox Nation has disappeared.

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @hayestennessee @Jack54

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Please be advised that Roku only rents and transmits the channel and is not responsible for the content. Contents are directly chosen by the respective channel and we have no control over the programming or operation of it. We would recommend contacting the channel directly for more information and assistance.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
hayestennessee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

More going on here??   Price increase as well Smiley Surprised

LB42
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This answer seems inadequate. On the Fox Nation tab on Roku, it now says that Roku is not offering Tucker Carlson Today episodes. Why? They were accessible just a couple of days ago. This doesn't seem to be an issue with Fox Nation. If I can't get all the content I pay for, why subscribe?

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@LB42 wrote:

This answer seems inadequate. On the Fox Nation tab on Roku, it now says that Roku is not offering Tucker Carlson Today episodes. Why? They were accessible just a couple of days ago. This doesn't seem to be an issue with Fox Nation. If I can't get all the content I pay for, why subscribe?

If you are referring to the content within The Roku Channel (you didn't specify), the content is what is negotiated between Roku and the content provider, in this case Fox. Perhaps Roku didn't want to offer that specific show, perhaps Fox doesn't want it available on Roku devices outside their own channel. But in the end it's almost always due to what the content providers are willing to provide. Roku can only stream what the providers are willing to offer.

And that means it's likely Fox that is controlling what is available within The Roku Channel. Since they offer their own, separate channel on Roku devices, I would expect they want to reserve some desired content specifically for their own channel. And Roku can't change that.

As to why they were there previously, streaming agreements have expiration dates, and Roku can't stream the agreed upon content outside the agreement dates. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
AnoelG
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have a similar problem.  I bought Fox Nation through Roku and Tucker Carlson disappeared on my TV.  It shows as "Included with subscription.  Watch in HD" when I locate it in Search on the home page.  However, when I click on it to watch it, it circles and never takes me to the program.  If I go to my Roku account on my computer,  Tucker's program is there and plays fine.  Thanks.  I have a ONN Roku TV that is brand new.

0 Kudos