Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Seuguh

Tubi stuck on loading screen

Jump to solution

Tubi channel is stuck on loading screen.  The tubi splash screen appears then it goes blank with the loading icon spinning for a minute or so then goes back to the tubi splash screen and so on, it is stuck in that loop forever (tried letting it go for over 20 minutes...)

I can play videos from other channels (Roku channel, amazon prime etc), i have tried uninstalling the channel, rebooting my Roku and re-installing the channel, same issue.

I checked to make sure all updates are installed and that my Roku is up to date.

I don't know where to go from there to get it working....

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Tubi stuck on loading screen

Jump to solution

@Seuguh 

Thanks for the post.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Tubi directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Tubi channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://tubitv.com/static/support

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
29 REPLIES 29
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Seuguh 

Thanks for the post.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Tubi directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Tubi channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://tubitv.com/static/support

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You didnt mention your Model number.

If youre using a MicroSD flash memory yank it out and try updating.

Settings/System/system update.

You can also try removing Tubi and reinstalling it.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
MrDoh
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Having the same problem with a Roku Ultra (2018-ish) and a Samsung TV. I did "reach out" to Tubi via their support, and have had no response in a couple of weeks now. Since Tubi costs nothing, I guess that you get what you pay for, nothing :-). My Roku has the latest updates, Tubi has whatever updates that app has for the Roku platform, and my internet is fast and reliable. And the Roku has no problems with any other apps that I use.

Got no idea how to fix this, pretty stupid, really. I've tried all sorts of things, uninstalling and re-installing the Tubi app, etc. I've even removed the Tubi app, restarted my Roku, and re-installed the Tubi app. Always does this. I guess I'm done with Tubi on that TV. The Android TV Tubi app does work fine on the NVIDIA Shield, though, so I'm not totally out of luck with it. Couldn't afford to put an NVIDIA Shield on all of our TV's, though :-), especially just to get content from a free app.

Troubleshooting on a Roku seems a bit thin, the OS is much more opaque than Android TV is. On the Shield I can force stop an app, flush storage and caches, and, in general, have more debugging options.

boogernose
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

so ultimately you arent asking for support you just wanted to trash Roku.

Like so many. I dont know why this happens but it is tiresome.

What the heck do you want????

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@MrDoh 

Thanks for the post.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MrDoh
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks Danny, I did open a support ticket with Tubi for the problem, and Tubi support acknowledged the ticket. Never heard back other than the initial acknowledgement, though. The Tubi app's still broken here, so I guess I won't be using Tubi on that TV :-).

Not sure where the reply that I wrote to the individual that offered no help, just trashed me for mentioning a weak point of a product that he owns, disappeared to. Probably just as well, posts like that really don't deserve a reply anyways :-).

Thanks again for the civil, reasoned, helpful reply.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel installation has gotten corrupted. A reinstall may fix the problem, so give it a try. Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    From home screen, Settings > System > System restart. This assures no remnant of the old installation remains in the Roku's memory so you get a complete reinstall. It may or may not make a difference, depending on what's causing your problem, but it's worth doing.
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
MrDoh
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks very much, I've already re-installed after restart. Didn't change anything. I appreciate your response, though.

0 Kudos
Whyausername
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hey man, don’t know if you’re still facing this issue but for others I encountered this issue as well and it ended up being my dedicated ad blocker (Pihole ).  Whitelisting  2 domains Tubi uses that was being blocked fixed it.