Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Tubi player gets broken by ads

I am on a Roku Ultimate; up until recently, I was able to watch channels like Tubi and YuYu without any major issues. For a few months now, the player/app on Roku gets broken every single time ads are inserted. The image zooms in/out, I get out of sunc with the sound, etc.  It's quite a challenge to play anything on from these channels anymore. The more disturbing thing is that if I play the shows in my browser, everything goes well. Also, for example on Tubi, there are zero ads, nada.  How is this possible?  Are you guys making money out of these free channels by inserting your ads? If so, it would be nice to make sure you don't break the player/app so we can watch those shows in peace.  Otherwise, why in the World do we need your device?  We cast it from PC, no ads, all is good; it is what I do these days.

Could you please let me know if there is a fix of some sort for this type of problem?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Tubi player gets broken by ads

Take Medicine.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Have you tried removing and reinstalling the problem channels?

Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.

2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.

3. IMPORTANT- DON"T SKIP:
From home screen, Settings > System > System restart. This assures no remnant of the old installation remains in the Roku's memory.

4. After system restarts, find channel via Streaming Channels.

5. Highlight channel and install.

6. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
Highlighted
Level 8

Tried that already but it made no difference.  I've tried with both Tubi and YuYu channels.  Also, unplugged Roku for 10+ minutes, etc. It's only these channels that have the problem. And they worked just fine a few months back.  I don't have a problem with getting ads on Roku, it's just that it breaks the player every single time they get inserted. For now, I keep watching in the browser.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

If you are using a MicroSD memory pull it out and reset again.

I watch Tubi occasionally and am not as bothered by Ads.

The Ads support Tubis existence.

But they shouldnt be affecting streaming quality..

You can also try Settings/Privacy/Advertising>> and toggling these settings.

Good Luck

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
Highlighted
Level 7

I had the same problem and called Xfinity. They told me the problem was on their end and had me install the Xfinity beta app because the network apps were crashing on the commercials. The beta app doesn’t have that problem but after a while everything started displaying in a letterbox and I can’t get it to show full screen anymore. Now my big tv is almost half as big as it was. Grrr!

Highlighted
Level 8

No MicroSD on my device. I went to Privacy tab and reset the advertiser id.  Switching the ad tracking limiting feature on/off did not make any difference, but after resetting the advertiser id, yuyu went back to normal.  Tubi is still behaving badly, so I guess it's their app. I am not bothered about the ads, it's fair game to have them, but not if they affect the quality of streaming in such manner.

Thanks anyway! 

Highlighted
Level 8

Thanks! I opened a ticket with Tubi, but no response so far.  Will post an update here if I get back from them. Meanwhile, I can keep streaming from my PC via HDMI, so no big deal.