Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Condottiero
Level 7

Tubi TV shows exit to main menu after ads...

Couldn't find or missed mention via the search...

Started late last night and the problem is confined to Tubi TV. Right after the ads, the program exits to the main menu and then the Tubi TV app closes. There's no way of resuming where it stopped, unless before the ad, so have to fast forward and it's not a specific ad, as I've seen these ones before. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Tubi TV and cleared the viewing history, but it's still a problem. Is there a solution? 
0 Kudos
3 Replies
dfgsrzwer
Level 7

Re: Tubi TV shows exit to main menu after ads...

Those things usually are temporary. Either wait for it to clear, or contact the app designer to make them aware of the problem. Those are really your only options. I know one of the reasons I uninstalled Tubi a long time ago was that the app is flakey (the other reason of course is too many commercials with content I can watch elsewhere---but paid for---without ads).

Edit---you say you uninstalled then reinstalled. You MUST reboot your device after uninstalling for it to do anything, THEN reinstall.
Charter Spectrum 60; d-link dual band router
Roku 4210, 3710; Xbox One, 360; Samsung BD player
Samsung tablet; Windows Vista laptop; LG phone
Toshiba DVD-R; Sony AVR; Panasonic AR
1080p and 720p TVs
0 Kudos
Condottiero
Level 7

"dfgsrzwer" wrote:
Those things usually are temporary. Either wait for it to clear, or contact the app designer to make them aware of the problem. Those are really your only options. I know one of the reasons I uninstalled Tubi a long time ago was that the app is flakey (the other reason of course is too many commercials with content I can watch elsewhere---but paid for---without ads).

Edit---you say you uninstalled then reinstalled. You MUST reboot your device after uninstalling for it to do anything, THEN reinstall.

Didn't know about rebooting, but went ahead and did so after uninstalling again, but solve the issue. Got a response from Tubi about a fix, but it didn't work... Smiley Sad
I don't mind the ads, much better and shorter than what was offered when I had Comcast and RCN On Demand and have access to a wider selection of viewing material, so can overlook the flakiness. I'll give it a few days, but is there an equivalent app with such a selection of free titles? I looked at Crackle, but it doesn't have much in the way of TV shows and documentaries.
0 Kudos
Tomp_
Level 7

I found every time I resumed a program it would give me its four commercials all over. Instead of noting those and passing them up for the program it will show the commercials at every resume. I'm talking about a few minutes in between.
0 Kudos