Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to stream NBC, shifted to ATT logon using remote & app. This has to get fixed!

Trying to stream NBC (used to work). Now after adding activation code, I am sent to ATT logon page. Don't have an ATT account. I have Comcast/Xfinity. Read the other posts. My remote is fine, also tried the app. Same problems with both. I'm ticked & NBC should be too since they are owned by Comcast. Please fix this glitch.

2 REPLIES 2
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Trying to stream NBC, shifted to ATT logon using remote & app. This has to get fixed!

I'm ticked & NBC should be too since they are owned by Comcast.

1. Remove the app.  
2. Settings > System > Power (If not applicable, well go to the next step!) > System restart.  
3. Reinstall the app.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Trying to stream NBC, shifted to ATT logon using remote & app. This has to get fixed!

@Chriswmsmobile wrote:

Trying to stream NBC (used to work). Now after adding activation code, I am sent to ATT logon page. Don't have an ATT account. I have Comcast/Xfinity. Read the other posts. My remote is fine, also tried the app. Same problems with both. I'm ticked & NBC should be too since they are owned by Comcast. Please fix this glitch.

This may take some detailed troubleshooting. The reason gets convoluted.

NBCUniversal uses single sign on. And the way that it's implemented means that one NBCU app on your Roku device should automatically log in the same way on other devices. This is true for all NBCU apps. USA, SyFy, etc.

Go to https://my.roku.com and log in. Then scroll all the way down. Those devices listed at the bottom are tied to your account. If any NBCU app on any of those devices is authenticated against AT&T or DirecTV Stream or any AT&T owned service, you will get what you are experiencing.

So, are you authenticated against any AT&T service to include DirecTV, DirecTV Stream, AT&T U-verse (grandfathered) etc, for any NBCU app, on any Roku device listed on your Roku account page? If so, log out of all of them, remove the app, reboot all the Roku devices, then start adding back, authenticating against Comcast.

If none of this applies, let us know.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."