Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MClark
Level 7

Trying to decide between Roku and cable Evaluation Process

I have a Roku Ultra trying it out before switching from Direct TV. Tonight I was trying to watch the CFP Championship and for the third time since purchasing my Roku I had to switch back to Direct TV. My Roku would not connect giving me a message to retry which I did several times. As I mentioned this is the third time in less then two months I have had to do this. I am also not happy I am not able to communicate with any kind of technical support. 

Michael Clark

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

Re: Trying to decide between Roku and cable Evaluation Process

@MClark wrote:

I have a Roku Ultra trying it out before switching from Direct TV. Tonight I was trying to watch the CFP Championship and for the third time since purchasing my Roku I had to switch back to Direct TV. My Roku would not connect giving me a message to retry which I did several times. As I mentioned this is the third time in less then two months I have had to do this. I am also not happy I am not able to communicate with any kind of technical support. 

Michael Clark

If the problem is with a specific channel/app, it's likely not something Roku can help with. Each channel is developed and supported by whomever provides it. I don't know what channel you were using to watch the CFP Championship (I have no idea what that is), but unless it was The Roku Channel, you have to work with whomever provides the channel. Yes, there are some channels that are pretty flaky. But the vast majority work well. And of course it's totally dependent on your Internet connection, so if there was any sort of network hiccup (yours or the ISP) that could cause an issue as well. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos