Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Trying to add the Weather Channel

I currently have a satellite internet connection, that only offers a signal through wifi. I use YouTube TV to provide me with local and cable channels, but they do not offer a weather channel. I noticed that The Weather Channel is available in the Roku channel store, but when I try to add it, it provides me with a code to get the channel through my cable provider. Since YouTube does not offer the weather channel, can I still get The Weather Channel by uploading the code somewhere else?   

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Trying to add the Weather Channel

The Weather Channel is listed under the "Watch with Cable" group in the Roku channel store. Unfortunately for you, that means your TV provider (YouTube TV in your case) has to have it in order for you to be able to authenticate it and get it to work.

While you cannot watch TWC with your current provider, I know there is at least one alternative (WeatherNation) that does not require authentication with a TV provider.