Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
norine1
Level 7

Trying to add back Youtube TV after it was accidentally deleted

I accidentally deleted Youtube TV from my Roku.  I can't seem to find it to add it back.  How do I add it back?  I am paying for Youtube TV thru Verizon Fios.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Trying to add back Youtube TV after it was accidentally deleted

You cannot install the YouTube TV channel at this time. There is a disagreement between Roku and Google. However, you can access YTTV within the regular YouTube channel. Move to the menus on the left, and at the very bottom is a link to YTTV. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
sagetek1
Level 7

Has anyone tried installing it on a new device (during initial setup) on an account where you currently have YouTube TV running as legacy install on older devices prior to the shut off? Have heard it can be done.

0 Kudos
sagetek1
Level 7

Has anyone tried installing it during initial setup on a new Roku device if you have it running already on older (before the ban) devices on your account? During the automatic part where you existing apps are put on the new device during setup. Have heard this may work, but until then do not want to buy a device when this is what I use my older ones for.

Thanks

0 Kudos
atc98092

Yes, others have added a new device to an account that had YTTV and it was installed on the new device. Just never remove the channel from any device or it's removed from all devices on that account.

Dan

0 Kudos
sagetek1
Level 7

Thanks! This brings up an associated question (2) please.... if you have a device you accidentally removed it from, could you completely reset this device and then try setup like it was a new device? And your comment seemed to indicate if you remove it from one of your devices, it is then removed from all others? I may have misunderstood your reply.

Thanks again!!!!

0 Kudos
atc98092

Yes, removing a channel from one device removes it from the user account, and is automatically removed from all devices linked to that account. And it can happen within minutes, not waiting for the next auto refresh event. 

Dan

0 Kudos