Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paulwc
Level 8

Trying to add an unlisted channel and page refreshes with blank captcha

Jump to solution

RESOLVED I'm trying to add private channel PK6HQLC and the page refreshes after the captcha is check marked and will not proceed.

I've tried it on multiple browsers, direct URL (https://my.roku.com/account/add?channel=PK6HQLC) as well as putting the code, PK6HQLC, in manually. 

Any suggestions?

RESOLVED: If you read the replies and my comments to this problem, I reported it at developers support and Roku reproduced the problem. It appears to be fixed now and working as I edit this message

captch.PNG

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Paulwc
Level 8

Re: Trying to add an unlisted channel and page refreshes with blank captcha

Jump to solution

I reported it as a developer under the developers portal and they were able to reproduce the issue and it was reported to the engineering team. So, they are working on it.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10\
soliloquy
Level 7

Jump to solution

I’m having the exact same issue… but only with a different non-certified channel. I’ve tried multiple browsers. I tried from a mobile phone, desktop and laptop. Still not having any success

Louinvan
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yup. Same here. Just finished the flood of channel related issues that have been posted over the last week and wow wtf Roku? You literally have just one job, one thing to do: stream. Can't stream if you can't add any streams.

Peteyman
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same issue for me.  Trying to add unlisted channel to my Roku Streaming Stick.  I go to the Add Channel page, I enter the channel code, do the Captcha, and click Add... and then it just refreshes the page.  Do the Captcha again, click Add again... and it just refreshes again.

Have tried it on my iphone X, as well as on my laptop, same result.

On my TV, I went into Roku, manually checked for software update, and then restarted the Roku.  Have also tried deleting my cache on phone and laptop, makes no difference.

Tags (1)
Alg554
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have the same issue with captcha. It refreshes back to entering the code. I tried other codes and it seems like all Private Channel Codes are inaccurate in their system listing. 

Friend of mine just told me he just created a new fresh Package for a private channel. He got a vanity code but when he tried to add the private channel the ADD CHANNEL screen in the browser does the same. So it has nothing to do with the private channels. It’s an issue with ROKU.

Nothing is fixed since yesterday.

Paulwc
Level 8

Jump to solution

I reported it as a developer under the developers portal and they were able to reproduce the issue and it was reported to the engineering team. So, they are working on it.

View solution in original post

Alg554
Level 8

Jump to solution

Did you tell them this is not just one persons’s issue but is systemwide?.

Thanks for following up

were you given a time when it will be fixed?

0 Kudos
Paulwc
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yes, they are aware it is system wide and they have not given a timeline yet. Even though I marked this solved, as it pertained to the issue and there is nothing we are doing wrong  so there is no solution for us to make it work (i.e. it's them), I will update the original post and keep it updated as I find out info. 

Alg554
Level 8

Jump to solution

Then don’t mark it as solved. Because they think it’s fixed and will ignore it.

it’s funny that even if you try to publish a private channel you can’t even add the channel to check it. Sane captcha refresh issue. So it has nothing to do with the packages or private channels. It’s whatever the ADD PRIVATE CHANNEL page is causing this only for unlisted private channels. If you try typing FILMRISE or PLUTOTV code the page works fine. 
it just won’t work for unlisted private channels.

Paulwc
Level 8

Jump to solution

A week or so ago they started moving the developers portal to a new system and I would be money that is where the problem lays. They did say it would take time to migrate everyone over. The private channel/developers backend is different than the main channel store, like you mentioned. 

I understand what you are saying about marking this post as solved, and no disrespect intended, but since it is my post, and there are no tasks for me or anyone else to take to resolve the issue with entry of the private channels since it is on Roku's backend, they are aware of the issue and their engineers are working on it, my particular problem is resolved so I am leaving it as solved.

Plus, anyone who has the issue and comes looking can see why without reading through thread after thread.

If anyone wants to start their own post about this issue, that is their choice but as for me and my post, my issue is resolved. The problem is Roku's backend and nothing we can do about that until they fix it.