Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
debrawallin
Level 8

Trouble with Viki App Need to Delete and Reinstall

I have the Viki app which I pay for through Roku.  I am having trouble with the app on Roku but not on my iPhone.  Viki has asked me to delete the app and reinstall but I can't find a place to delete it, I am thinking it is because of how the subscription on Roku.  Is there a way to delete it without cancelling my subscription?  Why can we not get any tech help???

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Trouble with Viki App Need to Delete and Reinstall

@debrawallin 

You'll need to cancel the subscription before you can delete the app. Note that subscribing through Roku limits your viewing to Roku devices on your account.

Once you cancel, you can remove the app, then you should restart the Roku (many skip this step; don't), then re-add the app.

Subscribing directly to the service allows you to use the service on any device, Roku or otherwise, that has the corresponding app.

@debrawallin wrote:

...Why can we not get any tech help???

You just did.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
debrawallin
Level 8

Re: Trouble with Viki App Need to Delete and Reinstall

I checked my iPhone and iPad and the same issue with the app is on there too, showing some shows as restricted so the problem has to be with their app.

By tech I mean a number to call or chat with tech.

0 Kudos