Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kdiekje6545585
Level 7

Trouble removing expired trial channels

Normally removing a channel is easy with the option button however that is not working with channels that were offered as free trials through the Roku Channel and cancelled. With these channels when I press the option button the "Remove channel" option does appear, but only for a fraction of a second, not long enough to select it and press ok. The "Remove channel" option is replaced with "Manage subscriptions". If I go into the "Manage subscriptions" option it only lists active trial channels, not the cancelled/expired channels I want to remove. Any ideas? These channels don't appear on the iOS remote so I can't remove them there. Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Trouble removing expired trial channels

What happens if you go to https://my.roku.com/account/subscriptions ?

My guess is they're still there just in case you decide to reactivate your subscription.  I see no way to remove the canceled subscriptions on the website.  Seems like an oversight or possibly an intentional act on Roku's part to try to get you to resubscribe.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
windsurf
Level 7

Re: Trouble removing expired trial channels

I had the same problem.  I had HBO NOW.  When it went to HBO Max I canceled my subscription.  I couldn't delete the HBO MAX.  The problem was that I was still "officially" logged into it.  I had to open it and search through until I could find the log out.  THat was hard on the HBO Max app...

Once I logged out I could remove the channel.   Hope this works for others.

PS  ON the HBO Max app the logout is tricky.  You have to go to your account.  You'll see menu options like My Profile, Parental Controls, etc.  But no Sign Out.  The reason is its OFF THE SCREEN TO THE RIGHT!!! What brain surgeon thought that up is beyond me.  No indication there are more options, no nothing.  But if you scroll to the right you'll find the Sign Out option!

0 Kudos