Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Trouble getting xFinity to stream

Hi guys, I’ve had this roku on my upstairs tv for over a year to steam my comcast cable. Recently, it has not been working on my upstairs tv. I sign in on my phone with the new activation code and after it takes it, it will only give me the option to sign out or exit the app. I never had this problem before on this tv, just recently. My WiFi is connected, I’ve deleted the app and re-installed it. I even checked on my roku to make sure it was connected to my WiFi which it is. I’m just so puzzled on what else to try so I’m able to watch tv again in my room. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Trouble getting xFinity to stream

@Bre124 

Thanks for the post.

Please make sure when removing the channel, that you restart your device before adding the channel back again.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Xfinity directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Xfinity channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

Just got off phone with an Xfinity Tech.  My problem was word for word your problem. Activation Loop. Every time Xfinity Activation page would indicate a "Successful Activation".  On TV, “Exit App” or “Sign Off” page. Sign off would bring you to the “Sign In” page. Sign in and get a code. Repeat activation process.

I did mention code  on “Exit App” or “Sign Off” page.  Error:TVAPP-00101. Was told this was a ROKU error code. My problem now is getting support from ROKU.

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@jjayalla 

Thanks for the post.

If you are experiencing the error code with the Xfinity channel, you will need to contact Xfinity for more information about that channel's error code and functionality to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

More information about that error code can be found Xfinity's support page here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/tvapp00101

You can reach Xfinity support here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

I am having this same issue. Error 00101...Exit App or Sign Out. Spent an hour with Xfinity on the phone to day w/o resolution. They will continue looking. Did you get any help from Roku?

0 Kudos
Level 7

I just spend reloading channel and refreshing both my cable modem and router (5g connection) and also know I am not getting issues with wifi channel interference. I just got off phone with Xfinity and the result was a non-answer of the worst kind. "We are aware of the issue with error code on app, we have no time table on resolution of issue" That was because I went through every troubleshooting step. My translation of the answer is this: "Xfinity (Comcast) is not really interested in fixing it and would probably prefer you get their addon outlet box for room - NOT! I am not interested on being nickeled and dimed to death on fixed income as senior person.  Xfinity gets enough money from me as it is for X1 in the living room and internet, just to pipe music choice channels in the bedroom. So installed Pandora (free level)  That level of Pandora has a single 15second (mostly audio) ad per music selection. That was my solution to the problem. If you want to get rid of the 15 second ads - you can subscribe to higher level of Pandora. You can also get Lowcast channel to get local OTA tv channels  without antenna with Roku TVs or device.

0 Kudos