Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dogeezmom
Level 7

Trouble adding HBO MAX when I've prepaid

Just signed up for the discount on HBOMax on my phone and Roku will not let me enter my Max account info cuz my HBO was previously under another person?? Now I would need to pay the full price over again in the other person's account! What can I do? Already uninstalled the app and then reinstalled... other person's name comes up and I can only buy through Roku and I've already prepaid my Max account! HELP!!!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
kbarry38
Level 8

Re: Trouble adding HBO MAX when I've prepaid

I am basically having the same issue.  I had an old HBO max account.  When I load the app, it is coming up under the old account and will not let me log out so that I can log in using my new credentials. It wants me to put my pin in and sign up using my old account.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Trouble adding HBO MAX when I've prepaid

Remove the channel, reboot/restart your Roku (don't skip this step), add the channel again.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos