Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Trouble accessing subscribed content on multiple roku tvs

I have a subscription to hbo thru the roku channel on my tv. The other tv in my house cannot access it for some reason. How do I get hbo to play on the other tv with no sign in? 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Trouble accessing subscribed content on multiple roku tvs

@AngiePangie 

Thanks for the post.

Can you clarify the issue you are experiencing? What do you mean accessing HBO without a sign in?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

I have a roku TV in one room and a flat screen with a roku express attached in the other. For some reason one device doesn't know that I have HBO in one room and when you access HBO through the roku channel it has no sign in just options to pay for a subscription but I already am for the other room. 

0 Kudos
Level 18

Can you watch HBO itself on the TV in question?

Are they both paired to the same account(yours) in Roku.com?

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Level 7

I am not sure if they are paired. But I tried to cast to it using the roku app that lets me cast to the other device and it wouldn't allow me to. How do I fox that?

0 Kudos
Level 18

Well now youre going off on a tangent.

Just go to your account at https://www.roku.com/

and then My Account and scroll down to see if two devices are paired.

When they are whats good for one Roku s good for the other.

If your talking about casting from your phone the one Roku in question needs

to be set up for that.

This is too much for my brain to handle this late so good luck......

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Level 7

I only mentioned that because when I tried to figure out a work around by accessing the channels thru the app and casting to the tv (in an attempt to get the device to understand its the same account and allow access) it didn't allow it because the emails were different. So I guess thats what you must be talking about... Not really a tangent. But ok... I guess thanks for the tip. That would allow me to know they aren't paired. Still doesn't solve the problem. Maybe someone else will have an idea. Appreciate it.

0 Kudos