Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Trouble Watching The View

I just recently purchased Roku a couple of months ago and just recently got more into the features of Roku so I can ultimately get rid of satellite.  I tried to watch The View, but on each episode "tile" it has a "lock symbol" and says "only with ABC". When I click the tile anyway it comes up with an error msg saying "0066:no account returned from UPDA, Code: 012-1206-403"

I logged into the ABC website on my computer and put in the activation code from Roku, it said congrats, etc etc.

I go back to try to watch The View and I get the same error msg.

I also noticed it on a few tiles of other shows... WTH?!

Can anyone help?  What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Level 18

Re: Trouble Watching The View

ABC wants your money. It is available on a few Premium Channels.

ABC is also available over the air with a digital Antenna if your lucky.

If youre in an urban area you might be able to get ABC on Locast(Channel)

check out https://www.locast.org/

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
Level 20

To unlock the shows you need a satellite or cable co credentials, a paid subscription to those companies. If you subscribe to  Youtube TV, Hulu live, or slingtv , it would take their credentials too.

Edmund
Level 7

I have those credentials, am signed into my ABC account and have my roku recognized by ABC and I still get that message. What can be done?

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@kate111 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried reaching out to ABC support to inquire further? Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach ABC support here: https://support.abc.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 18

@kate111 

How are you trying to watch it? On which app/channel?

do you live in a locast.org supported Metro area???

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Level 7

Hello,

I had the same trouble with ESPN.  I went to ESPN and selected the setting on that channel.  Then I deactivated my TV provider, which is Direct TV and then it will ask you to activate it again with the code they send you on the screen, and PRESTO, ESPN was back.

Good Luck

Dennis

0 Kudos