Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Trouble Watching The View

I just recently purchased Roku a couple of months ago and just recently got more into the features of Roku so I can ultimately get rid of satellite.  I tried to watch The View, but on each episode "tile" it has a "lock symbol" and says "only with ABC". When I click the tile anyway it comes up with an error msg saying "0066:no account returned from UPDA, Code: 012-1206-403"

I logged into the ABC website on my computer and put in the activation code from Roku, it said congrats, etc etc.

I go back to try to watch The View and I get the same error msg.

I also noticed it on a few tiles of other shows... WTH?!

Can anyone help?  What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Trouble Watching The View

ABC wants your money. It is available on a few Premium Channels.

ABC is also available over the air with a digital Antenna if your lucky.

If youre in an urban area you might be able to get ABC on Locast(Channel)

check out https://www.locast.org/

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Trouble Watching The View

To unlock the shows you need a satellite or cable co credentials, a paid subscription to those companies. If you subscribe to  Youtube TV, Hulu live, or slingtv , it would take their credentials too.

Edmund