Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zakk
Level 7

Travel Channel App "Not Authorized"

Jump to solution
When trying watch a show on the Travel Channel app on my Roku with Hulu I now get the message that it requires a TV paid subscription to use which I have and always have had. I have Hulu Live TV and it's always worked and I've always been able to use the Travel channel app until today. I can watch watch the Travel Channel on Hulu so yes I have it and yes it's part of my Live TV package. Always has been. I use the Travel channel app to watch older episodes of stuff. Uninstalled the Travel Channel app and reset the roku and reinstalled it. Logged out of it and logged back in and still doesn't work.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Zakk
Level 7

Re: Travel Channel App "Not Authorized"

Jump to solution
I got it fixed. I contacted the travel channel support via their website and they messaged me back and told me they fixed it. They had me sign out of the app then sign back in with a new code and it works fine now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
bcoburn410
Level 7

Jump to solution
The same thing happened to HGTV for me. Any solution? I have gone through the authorization process in the app.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Jump to solution
You would have to ask the Travel Channel. They control how their app functions and what permissions are required to use it. Sounds like they updated the app and it now requires a paid subscription, as the message says. It's possible that your Hulu subscription will work for it, but that's a question they would have to answer. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Zakk
Level 7

Jump to solution
I got it fixed. I contacted the travel channel support via their website and they messaged me back and told me they fixed it. They had me sign out of the app then sign back in with a new code and it works fine now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos