Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wkrasl
Level 7

Trailer Nation not playing trailers

Jump to solution

The trailer nation channel is one of my favorites for scanning what is new. However now, although I can see all of the movies offering trailers, none of those trailers are playing anymore. If selected it just goes back to where I was displaying the movie title and blurb.

I have followed all the instructions for removing the channel restarting my system and reinstalling.

I cannot find any contact information to report this to the channel developer. All I can do is choose “feedback” to select “user interface not working” and “video won’t play.”

”About” shows channel version 1.2.20, GC 5.2.27, software version 20.0.0 * 4195-50, and device ID C23974992537.

if anyone has a contact, please reply or forward this.  Thanks. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Trailer Nation not playing trailers

Jump to solution

@wkrasl

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@wkrasl

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
wkrasl
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the generic reply Danny, but it is NOT a solution.  

I tried hard to identify any contact information for the Trailer Nation channel without success. Your reply is not a solution without providing that contact information. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@wkrasl 

Basically, that is the solution.  Any programming errors or problems with the channels are fixed by the developers themselves.  In this case, seems that there is no other way of contacting developer other than the *button and the automatic/pre-selected responses.  Jason Fisher seemed to provide no other contact-info in either his Channel or his Channel Install. 

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/730c7b1f0aa33695afb85d55ce69b8db/trailer-nation#!

Probably just needs to update his Channel programming for the OS10 update.  Keep sending him some responses.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941
0 Kudos
wkrasl
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the replies. 

I searched again and found a contact possibility at https://ctvappsguide.com/collections/jason-fisher/products/trailer-nation.  It seems he has a lot of Roku channels.

What is most interesting at that link is that it shows review ratings, including 270 reviews for Trailer Nation.  Yes, I understand that is not a Roku site.  However if anyone knows how to create an account and sign in there to post my own review, perhaps Jerry Fisher might see it.

In the meantime I might try slogging through his other channels to see if Roku has contact info attached to one of those.

0 Kudos