Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

To of my ROKU devices cannot download and play the Free Speech TV channel

Jump to solution

I have 2 Roku devices (2 separate TV sets in my house) that until recently worked well and were allowing me to view programs on the Free Speech TV channel. Within the last week I have not been able to open up the FSTV channel to view certain programs.

I have tried various things to correct the problem such as: 1) removed the FSTV channel from both devices and then reloaded them; 2) I have a good WIFI connection and an excellent internet connection; 3) I have powered down and powered back up the Roku devices. None of these actions have corrected the problem.

This problem only occurs on the FSTV channel as I can open up and view programs  on NETFLIX, Prime Video, YouTube, etc...

Does someone (user or Roku support) have a solution(s) to this problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Two of my ROKU devices cannot download and play the Free Speech TV channel

Jump to solution

Thank you Danny! Your recommendation worked!

Again thanks!

JNSR

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: To of my ROKU devices cannot download and play the Free Speech TV channel

Jump to solution

You need to contact FSTV directly.

https://freespeech.org/contact-us/

They have a web site and Youtube channel as well.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

Did your Rokus recently update to Roku operating system 9.3?  You can check via Settings > System> System update.  I've seen numerous similar complaints re FSTV on 9.3.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@JNSR 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, OS system (these all can be found in Settings > System > About)
-What channel build are you having this issue on (can be found by selecting the channel and pressing the * button).
-When did you start seeing this issue?
-Have you tried removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Two of my ROKU devices cannot download and play the Free Speech TV channel

Jump to solution

Thank you Danny! Your recommendation worked!

Again thanks!

JNSR

View solution in original post

0 Kudos