Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rlramirez77
Level 7

To be blunt, WTF is with the new GIANT recommended content cards/panels on the YT channel?

Jump to solution

As of yesterday, the YT channel on my Roku Premier started showing the first row of recommended content suggestions 2-3 times their normal size. Makes sense on a small screen, but on a 50+ inch screen these content preview cards/panels are like 12x15" in size. The rest of them are the usual 6x9" or so. As I said, if this is an enhancement for smaller Roku TVs, then check the config of the device first and don't apply the giant card mode to legacy devices.

Roku XD, Roku XS, PlayOn, Windows Media Center, Boxee, iPhone remotes, 12 Mbps Charter
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: To be blunt, WTF is with the new GIANT recommended content cards/panels on the YT channel?

Jump to solution

@rlramirez77

Thanks for the posts.

As stated previously in this thread, for more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Youtube support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Youtube support here: https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=9257498

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: To be blunt, WTF is with the new GIANT recommended content cards/panels on the YT channel?

Jump to solution

This has nothing to do with Roku.  Take it up with Google/Youtube.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
rlramirez77
Level 7

Jump to solution

Are you a Roku developer/support person? 

Roku XD, Roku XS, PlayOn, Windows Media Center, Boxee, iPhone remotes, 12 Mbps Charter
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Nope, just another user - one that knows how Roku works.  For the most part Roku does not develop the channels/apps.  If you have a problem with a particular channel/app you have to take it up with the developer (i.e., not Roku).

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Strega
Level 16

Jump to solution

You can browse the channel store to see who creates/develops an app.  The Youtube app says: "Developed by: Google".  By the way, many/most Rokus are stand-alone media players so they may not really have any idea how big the screen is, but I think developers assume that people usually sit further back from larger screens so it mostly evens out.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@rlramirez77

Thanks for the posts.

As stated previously in this thread, for more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Youtube support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Youtube support here: https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=9257498

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos