Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
katemcek
Level 7

Titles are gone, Gray boxes in their place

All of a sudden, I no longer see pictures and titles when I access Netflix, Amazon,, PBS, etc.  All I seeis a gray box.  If I click on it I can see the title, however, I cannnot scan through the categories I want to watch, because there is no longer a picture of the movie, TV show. etc.  HELP!!!  This is a new problem with an older Roku 2 device.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hope2009
Level 7

Re: Titles are gone, Gray boxes in their place

This happened to me a couple of months ago. The Roku in question was connected wirelessly and didn't seem to have a good connection. (Roku signal strength indicated "weak" in the settings, I think).  I shut down and rebooted my router, then shut down and reconnected the Roku. Signal strength now shows "fair", and the icons were restored. Everything seems to be working fine.

(Roku model is 2XS)
0 Kudos
katemcek
Level 7

Thanks.  That worked.
0 Kudos
Scottheb
Level 7

This happens to me at least once a week. It doesn't matter which channel either so I know its a Roku issue. If I'm familiar with the title I can watch the show without issues so I don't believe its related to poor wifi signal.  Doing a system reset on the Roku corrects i but it returns a few day later. 
0 Kudos