Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KWS
Level 7

Tiny Desk Concerts

Why is the Tiny Desk Concerts channel not working anymore? Keeps telling me service not available?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Tiny Desk Concerts

@KWS 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
craigatl
Level 7

Had the same issue with Tiny Desk Concerts. Followed the instructions and removed the channel,but cannot add it back because it no longer appears on the channel lists. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@craigatl 

Thanks for the update.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
MMedina
Level 7

Having the same issue here as well. Can't add it back

0 Kudos
User_1
Level 7

I followed the instructions to remove Tiny Desk Concerts by NPR and restart my Roku. But, now the channel is not found? Where did it go?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

It appears to no longer be in the Channel Store.  Perhaps it's defunct?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
jboyette
Level 7

Followed the steps recommended by the Roku forum moderator... Now the channel is missing when searched for in your store.

Can Roku please look into this??

Telling us to contact the provider is nice and all, but telling us incorrect or faulty steps to resolve the problem then washing your hands of the problem just IS NOT acceptable.

0 Kudos
craigatl
Level 7

Since Roku only solution is a general suggestion that did nothing and they don't have any more interest, I found a workaround.

Install the free YouTube channel and watch the Tiny Desk Concerts from there on Roku. Just search for "Tiny Desk" on the YouTube channel. It actually seems to run better than the defunct Tiny Desk channel.

0 Kudos
jboyette
Level 7

I emailed and informed NPR of this issue. I even included the press release (URL below) as a reminder. They are looking into it on their end.

Now... You Roku folks don't seem to care or mind at all. This is especially troubling when you consider that very same press release quotes a ROKU EXECUTIVE commenting on the expanded functionality:

"Streaming music to the TV is becoming more and more popular and we're happy to now deliver Tiny Desk Concert's high-quality content to Roku customers," says Ziba Kaboli-Gerbrands, director of content acquisition and business development at Roku."

So... Can someone from the Roku "Content Aquisition and Business Development" department please look into this?

https://www.npr.org/about-npr/314887429/npr-music-is-now-on-roku-with-the-tiny-desk-concert-channel

0 Kudos