Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sparek
Level 7

This content is currently unavailable - NBC App

I have a Roku streaming stick and when I try to watch any shows on the NBC app, I get an error "This content is currently unavailable".

When I try to view the content on a Roku 3 (2013) I have no issues.

Are the apps different on the streaming stick vs. the Roku 3?

Anybody else had this problem?  How was it solved?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
sparek
Level 7

Re: This content is currently unavailable - NBC App

This seems like it may be an issue with AT&T Wireless Home Phone and Internet.  That's the only thing I can come up with.

I moved the device to another location with a different Internet Service Provider and the NBC app appears to work on the device.

Anybody noticed any similar issues?  This is really weird.  All of the other Roku Apps appear to work when using the AT&T Wireless Home Phone and Internet connection, but the NBC app does not.
0 Kudos
Elizag
Level 7

I believe it's a roku issue. I have a fire stick hooked up to the same TV with the same hot spot and while this happens with roku it doesn't on my firestick.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

"Elizag" wrote:
I believe it's a roku issue. I have a fire stick hooked up to the same TV with the same hot spot and while this happens with roku  it doesn't on my firestick.

It's an issue on the Roku platform, but the but the problem lies with NBC, not Roku. NBC is responsible for the development of the channel, not Roku.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos