Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MRFFitz
Reel Rookie

This Old House episodes for free

This Old House promotions indicate that new episodes post every Monday for free.  This seemed to be the case for a while where the latest episode was subscription only but once the next new subscription episode posted the last episode became free.  Now I'm seeing the last three episodes are subscription only, as are some of the very old episodes.  What's up??

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: This Old House episodes for free

@MRFFitz 

I see what you are talking about.

"This Old House on the Roku Channel" (premium), gives you "early access" to the season's episodes.   Currently, looks like they are on Season 43, episode Episode 25 (April 14, 2022).

This Old House (free) available on the Roku Channel is currently on Season 43, episode 21 (March 17, 2022).

----

I did not see a mention where the Free option would be a single episode behind the Premium version, but will take your word for it and assume you did it see it somewhere.  It presumably had to be in the Roku blog somewhere but I am missing it. 

Could be simply that Roku has not yet updated the Free library or they have changed when the Premium content will become available to the Free channel.  Not much of an answer, but best guess on this one.

Perhaps @RokuDanny-R , @RokuKariza-D , or @RokuMary-F can weigh in on this one with more information since this is a Roku managed channel/service.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@MRFFitz  You can always download the PBS channel and watch it there. New episodes premiere live on Thursday or Saturday on PBS. The Roku channel releases these episodes on demand on Monday according to This Old House website. It’s probably just a delay on Roku’s part as AvsGunnar as mentioned. But your watching it for free so sometimes things take time. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@MRFFitz

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify that you are trying to watching this content on and which you state there are new episodes being added to weekly? Can you provide us with a reference to the promotion that you are talking about?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MRFFitz
Reel Rookie

Had been watching This Old House (and Ask This Old House) on the Roku channel.  Season 43 episodes would appear weekly for subscription, and then move to free when the newest episode premiered.  Now, the last few (4) episodes of Season 43 are paid subscriber only.  Older episodes are still free, but I noticed that season 1 has not reverted to paid subscriber only. 

0 Kudos