Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crackley

Theatre of Monsters

Is anyone else having issues with this channel not loading and playing movies?
8 REPLIES 8
boogernose
Roku Guru

Re: Theatre of Monsters

I just tried it and yes the movies dont load and play.

I would expect some of the more obscure Channels arent well maintained.

Send feedback

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@crackley 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform is developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jbtrwt518

We tried the re-set as mentioned above, with no luck.  We’ll try to contact the channel owner.  If we don’t get anywhere with that avenue, we will report back here.

What is your criteria for removing a badly operating channel from the store?

UPDATE:

We just tried the reset and nothing; it didn’t work.  Plus we cannot find how to contact this channel owner anywhere.  It appears they put out several channels, as well as possible a self-help website, but no real way to find them.  

How/where do we leave feedback for the channel owners?

37mediagroup
Roku Guru

I run a small channel, called 'Old School Social Studies Films'. I just wanna update that last week it was noticed some channels seem to have had their videos seemingly go down, although they still play via their hosting provider. I was informed it is being looked into, and I believe the issue is purely technical, not any form of dispute.

Hopefully it gets looked into & resolved soon, not sure if its related to increased viewing, or if it'll be tougher to investigate with all these lockdowns in place (engineers telecommuting). I just wanna ask if you can all bear with us if you encounter small channel not functioning properly, as again there is an issue & possibly some of us use similar hosting providers. Oddly, another channel I run called 'KungFu Saturday Afternoon Jawns' does still seem up & running, but uses the same host.

loufuddrucker3
Streaming Star

It still won't load. Fix this please. This is all old stuff and there should not be any issues

0 Kudos

I am seeing the same thing. The Theatre of Monsters channel loads, but the movies won't play.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@MonsterMovieFan 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform is developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Theatre of Monsters This Channel is gone..

This is a dead channel, folks. People have been posting about this for 2-3 years now and nothing has changed.

0 Kudos