Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
goatdawg
Reel Rookie

Re: The spotify app doesn't play videos

Jump to solution

Nope - and there's zero plan too.  I now only watch whatever clips are put on Youtube.  I used to listen/watch to 85-90%, now probably down to 15-20%.  Just inexplicable by Spotify and Roku

pdavis
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R
No spotify video
roku tv                          c230x
hisense model              65r6+
serial number               x00100culpc9
software version          9.4.0 build 4200-94
device id                       s01k705ulpc9

0 Kudos
Robert_

Jump to solution

Still doesn’t work.

Anyone working on a solution?

agd0424
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

After Roku recently added Apple airplay support I tried sending it from the Spotify app on the phone to the tv that way. No video 😞

The only way I can do it is by using my computer that is always wired by HDMI to the tv and watch on Spotify that way. Annoying that I can’t just watch it on the Spotify app right on the Roku tv. Maybe one day........

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Spotify support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Spotify support here: https://support.spotify.com/us/article/how-can-i-contact-spotify/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Killjoy

Jump to solution

Spotify app on the phone or tablet works, just not on the Roku which is not anyone else but Roku's problem since it's not supported only on the Roku 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Does the Roku Spotify app support video streaming on my Roku device?

Jump to solution

Hi @Killjoy,

Thanks for the post.

If the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to that channel publisher directly to share your feedback. 
You can reach Spotify support here: https://support.spotify.com/us/article/how-can-i-contact-spotify/

Thanks,

Mary

dojocre8
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@Killjoy wrote:

Spotify app on the phone or tablet works, just not on the Roku which is not anyone else but Roku's problem since it's not supported only on the Roku 

Roku does NOT write/code/maintain channel apps. The app’s provider does. Spotify has not provided video playback functionality in Spotify’s version of the app for the Roku platform. Each platform is a separate/different app altogther. Spotfity had write multiple versions of their app for each platform (android, iOS, PC, etc, etc).  Not all versions have all the same features/functions. Similar to exclusive skins in xbox vs ps5 for the same game. 

0 Kudos
Mikeyy
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Am I understanding correctly that if I buy a Chromecast stick it will play Spotify video JRE podcasts?

0 Kudos
Mikeyy
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I think I'm wrong.  I would need a android phone wouldn't I?  So I guess I'm asking what dongle can I buy that by itself will play JRE?

0 Kudos