Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agd0424
Reel Rookie

Re: I Re: The spotify app doesn't play videos

Jump to solution

Yeah it’s lot of fun holding your phone in front of your face for three hours rather than just watching on the TV. So very frustrating. 

seanb10

Jump to solution

The spotify app doesn't show video on either of my newer roku smart tvs. It doesn't work on my fire sticks either. It does work on my android box though!!! I've uninstalled, rebooted, etc.. Doesn't work. Only thing I recommend is replacing your devices with android based tv's or streaming devices if you are able. ( I can't remember if someone here said it works on apple devices). I know I may be returning my tv's as I still have that option and it appears that android updates and maintains their apps.

dronie4

Re: The spotify app doesn't play videos

Jump to solution

Not shocked at all with this! We are talking about a company that wont even make a browser app just to surf the web. You can do that on a **bleep** firetv stick with Amazon's silk browser. You folks may think not being able to have a browser is no big deal, but it is! 

There is only one youtube app available for Roku?? There are 100's for amazon fire and android. 

I think this is Spotify's fault but Roku is to blame also. They are running their company like RIM (Blackberry). When Blackberry stopped supporting 3rd party app developers in 2009! I was one of those people with a new Blackberry that was useless after 5 months! Same thing when Steve Balmer took over for Bill Gates with Microsoft, the dope shut down the mobile devision and he admits it was one of his biggest mistakes? You think? they bascially owned the market and could of sold a zillion mobile windows based phones.. what idiots!

And don't even get me going a lot of Roku devices not supposting 5 ghz wifi??? That is another nightmare!

0 Kudos
Davemo

Jump to solution

I don't see a response from the person inquiring so here is my information.

Roku device model: 50S421

Serial number: YN00AT385579

Device ID: NM98DA385579

Software version: 9.4.0 -build 4200-30

Channel: Spotify

Version: 2.7 - build 16

Issue ID: 79-520-435

When playing a podcast video on Spotify ie:Joe Rogan), I am only able to listen to the audio. The video does not play. 

0 Kudos
gtsandler

Jump to solution

Any update?  This problem has been around for months. If I want to watch a full JRE show I have to do it via Spotify on my laptop or desktop where a pop up video appears in the lower right hand corner that I can expand to full screen. Roku doesn't have that option.

0 Kudos
Creviceg
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@Flyrishman wrote:

As directed, I removed the Spotify channel from the Roku , I then re-installed Spotify app on Spotify with the same results,

STILL NO SPOTIFY VIDEO!!!  

Please help.

Get a Chromecast with Android tv.  Works great and includes video!

0 Kudos
James2912
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

You need to hook up your computer to your tv you can do this physically with a cord or wirelessly. Spotifys app is worthless and their programmers suck.

0 Kudos
Creviceg
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Spotify app on Roku does NOT .play Joe Roman videos.  Really don’t know who’s to blame, BUT the videos work fine on the new Chromecast streaming dongle. Still love my Roku, but the $49 Chromecast with it’s remote and Google TV is winning me over.  Overall, Spotify still kinda sucks vs YouTube, and Google is truly evil, but if you want Joe Rogan (and So far I still do), this solution works.  Might be true with other streaming devices as well, but others will have to check out and let us know...

0 Kudos
Josh1
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Spotify is garbage on most platforms still except desktop and I don't think they plan to update the roku version. Does anyone know who Spotifys in bed with? Amazon? Google? That would certainly explain it.

0 Kudos
TodT

Jump to solution

Exactly what I’m trying now is JRE! Was watching the app on my iphone in the car but the app on Roku doesn’t support video yet??

0 Kudos