Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kellyh
Level 7

The roku channel dumped my shows!

Hey Roku channel dump the talk shows and bring back Bewitched and I dream of Jeannie. I was in the middle of these shows and then you took them off. What gives. I would also like to see more show like this. Thanks
0 Kudos
31 Replies
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Re: The roku channel dumped my shows!

Kellyh, I saw your post early Friday morning, and poked a few brains at Roku.  One of the questions asked was, "If you do a Roku Search for those titles, does the Roku Channel come up with a listing for it?"

The titles may be expired, since it's the first of the month.  I don't know what our licensing involves yet (trying to find out), but I've made some suggestions to make it more clear, so hopefully we'll be able to incorporate that information into future versions (no promises, but I'll do my best).

From my Search, it looks like I Dream of Jeannie seasons 1 & 2 still show up on The Roku Channel if you do a Search at the Home Screen.  I don't see it in the TV row in the actual channel, however, so that may be a bug (I'll check on that this weekend too).

*Edit* Same behavior with Bewitched.  Seasons 1 & 2 show up via Search, but I don't see them displayed in The Roku Channel TV category.  I'll file a bug report.

Thanks for your report!
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
Kellyh
Level 7

Thanks for the quick response. I don't see a search option. The star key does not open options. Thanks Kelly
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

We had an issue on the backend the necessitated removing them from the channel.  They were still available (via the Search option on the Home Screen), but not within the channel itself.

This issue has now been resolved.  You should see I Dream of Jeannie, Bewitched, and Good Times back in The Roku Channel now Smiley Happy
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
0 Kudos
Kellyh
Level 7

Thanks, The channels are showing up now. Also since we are talking about the channel. When I start a show, the progression bar goes about half way and stops. I then will use the back button (Pressing one time) to back out and then press play again and then the show will start. Not a big deal, but thought you might want to know this was happening.

I would like to see more of these lite hearted shows. Thanks again, Kelly
0 Kudos
seanwalgren
Level 7

RokuShawnS, this exact thing happened to me with these same two shows. First they just disappeared from the TV category. I was able to find them via search, but any episode I select is not retrieved when I hit play. Instead it just loops back to the same screen. I can hit play again, but the same thing just happens again. 

Please help if you can. I was really enjoying those shows!
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

We had an issue the other day which required some of the shows to be temporarily taken down.  I believe they'll be back either this week or next, but I'm not 100% certain.

Also, content is curated on a monthly basis, so some shows may disappear at the start of each month.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
0 Kudos
Mazz
Level 10

I cannot get anything to play on the Roku Channel, i get "Movie title" is not available or has expired and every single thing on the channel.Sometimes i can click play i get the loading bar then it kicks me back to select play again.
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

"Mazz" wrote:
I cannot get anything to play on the Roku Channel, i get "Movie title" is not available or has expired and every single thing on the channel.Sometimes i can click play i get the loading bar then it kicks me back to select play again.

Try deleting the channel, reboot the Roku (don't skip this step), and then re-adding the channel
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
0 Kudos
slider28
Level 7

I have also been in the middle of Bewitched and I dream of Jeannie and last night I saw them gone..  I tried to do a search, but when I push the " * " Button nothing happens, just a thunk noise.  I saw you say it was back on, But I don't see it either..  Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Chaz
0 Kudos