Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andwell50
Level 8

The latest update for the Roku Media Player is awful 5/15/2020

Both of my kids and I am very unhappy with the changes to the Roku Media Player.  The kids like to look at past vacations and comment about the pictures.  Suddenly the picture information has started to appear on the screen.  They don't want to see the name of the photo.  They don't care if it says DSC04321.jpg or if it says King's Bay July 2018.jpg.  They are also very unhappy that it times out and goes to the Roku screen.  Please remove these awful features or make it an option that you can set at *. 

As an added bonus, please allow the user to set the amount of time each picture is shown.

7 Replies
yort
Level 8

Roku Please Allow Us to Keep RMP V4.2!

Last night I was shocked to see RMP had been updated and was virtually unusable. This new update completely decimated the format that I had been working on for years. Thousands of media files all nice and tidy with thumbnails and titles. I went to bed angry and depressed.

Obviously the problems with the new version forced Roku to withdraw the update and return to the previous version..4.2. However it's clear that Roku intends to eventually update RMP when it has been fixed. Frankly the graphical interface for the new version stinks. All the folders now crammed together to accommodate the 1% of the people that still don't have a widescreen tv.

I'm asking Roku to please allow us to keep the current version of RMP or maybe make a separate legacy version. This is a unique channel that many of us use everyday.

Gene_Starwind
Level 8

Media Player is now WORTHLESS!

Your latest "update" has rendered the USB Media Player WORTHLESS. The ONLY app I have never had a problem with over the past 7 years had been bricked by you incompetent morons. I guess the concept of beta testing doesn't exist in your little world.

Playback ends constantly because "the SSD has disconnected." I know my drive is fine, because I am using it connected to my LG UBK80 4K BD player to watch a video file I would normally watch on the USB Media Player, but, you've successfully rendered that utterly USELESS! for no good reason.

Here's a thought: stop valuing style over substance. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Media Player is now WORTHLESS!

Select the app, hit *, choose "check for updates", and update it to revert to the previous version.

0 Kudos
Gene_Starwind
Level 8

That doesn't work.

0 Kudos
JamieGates
Level 7

Re: Roku Please Allow Us to Keep RMP V4.2!

I'm also not a fan of the new UI, particularly the text overlaying 1/2 of the image. And the text that is shown is mostly unnecessary.

0 Kudos
smtips
Level 9

I don't get any controls on mine. Just bought this new Roku TV and the media player is about the worst I've ever seen. Can't FFW or Reverse. No controls like Next or Back. All you can do is pause something. This is such a joke I'm astounded. Please FIRE whoever thought this up and remove it from your apps, it's like something a 17 year old in basic computer class could make. Heck they would make a better one!

0 Kudos
smtips
Level 9

Oh and not only that, it only lists things in a single long column in list view. I have hundreds of media items. I don't want to scroll through a single lame one column list a mile long just to get to something. Clearly this app is not a priority of yours. You're supposed to be the kings of media players. This part of it is just a huge joke. I hope your stock takes a dump for allowing juveniles to work for you.

0 Kudos