Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 11

The horrible new Roku Media Player update is back

And once again, the "Options*" button does NOTHING when audio / music is playing, and I am unable to get it to use the system screensaver when audio / music tracks are playing. The Roku Media player "screensaver" for audio / music playback has static elements that will вurn in on my television ("Repeat All" and "Shuffle" buttons). On the original Roku Media Player, pressing the "Options*" button when music is playing is where screensaver options are set, which does nothing on the new player.

So that means I can't use it... I am not going to let the stupid thing вurn in buttons on my screen.

And I am pretty sure Roku will NOT be adding ANY options to use the system screensaver, and will NOT be adding the ability to use the original Roku Media Player.

Combined with the HBO Max debacle, I think I am going to have to ditch Roku.

Edit - LMAO, "The message body contains вurn, which is not permitted in this community. Please remove this content before sending your post." Yeah, I think I'm done with Roku.

4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: The horrible new Roku Media Player update is back

When audio / music is playing, it's no longer possible to seek. You can only press the << or >> buttons to jump ahead or back 30 seconds. (!!!!?????)

When you stop playback of an audio track and start playback again, the media player no longer remembers where you left off and starts back at the beginning. (!!!!!??????) Guess people who listen to audio books and pod casts are going to need a pen and paper.

In List view, track titles are much shorter than they were with the original media player; they only display about 20 to 30 characters. Long titles can no longer be read.

WHY did you not learn from the first time you dumped this on us? WHY would you ruin your devices like this, ESPECIALLY in the middle of this whole HBO Max thing.

Did your beta testers SERIOUSLY not have any problems or raise any issues about this?

Highlighted
Level 8

Yes...mine just updated.  Cannot read file names....does anyone test this software before sending it out

Highlighted
Level 8

You guys are lucky.  I have over 18,000 songs on a NFS and all the program does is take 5 minutes to scan all the file names and then crashes spectacularly leaving me back at the Roku Home Screen.

It won't even play a song unless I select a particular album or artist from the menu items.  Screw that.  I ripped 2000 CDs so I wouldn't have to shuffle disks back and forth.  This is the MP3 equivalent of having to swap disks one at a a time.

Have the Roku programmers never heard of a binary search tree or a linked list?  Do they even know how a pointer works?  

All the whizbang stupid graphics suck up memory and resources and don't allow the program to fulfill its function.

Stop trying to fix what ain't broke. Smiley Tongue

Gary Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Level 8

I almost forgot to mention the piece de resistance.

When it crashes it screws up the Roku Express so badly I have to reboot the box to get my sound back.

Truly a new low in all time sh*tty programming.

Gary Smiley Wink