Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PlasticJesus
Level 7

The home button on remote tries to install Disney plus when leaving YouTube TV

When I'm in YouTube TV and paused and the screensaver comes on, if I hit the home button it used to just unpause or even maybe go back to the main menu but now it tries to install Disney Plus automatically.

What the **bleep** is going on here? I don't want Disney Plus and I have my homepage completely cleared out of all the unwanted channels. Why has it started trying to automatically install something just because I try to return to the home screen?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DBDukes
Level 15

Re: The home button on remote tries to install Disney plus when leaving YouTube TV

Do any of the four buttons on the lower section of the remote indicate they are shortcuts to Disney Plus? If so, might it be possible that particular button is also activating?

One troubleshooting step to take: use the Roku remote in the app on your phone. Does hitting HOME from the app cause the same behavior, or is it only with that remote?

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Re: The home button on remote tries to install Disney plus when leaving YouTube TV

And are you sure you're pressing Home and not Play/Pause or Select?  They will sometimes install channels advertised in the Roku screensavers.  Change your screensaver to something like the clock or disable it altogether and it probably won't happen.

boogernose
Level 18

you can use the phone app.

new remotes are like 20 bucks.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos