Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srnc

The channel did not launch please try again later.

I have two Roku 3 devices in my home. One is working fine with the same apps. The other one started giving me "The channel did not launch please try again later" error when I try to start YouTube or YouTubeTV. This started less than a week ago, with nothing obvious to trigger it. Other channels on the problem Roku are working fine. It's just the two YouTube channels that give me the message. I've gone through the remove channel, restart, reinstall channel sequence; I've left the unit unplugged for 15 minutes between a channel removal and reinstall; and, I've done a factory reset and reinstalled the channel. Nothing's working. At least it's not an intermittent problem. I don't think the software versions on the Roku or the apps have changed. Here's the info on the unit and the app:

Model: 4200X - Roku 3

SW version 10.5.0, build 4208-04

MicroSD card not installed, but probably never had one? (only 14 channels installed)

YouTubeTV is version 2.20 build 93005575

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: The channel did not launch please try again later.

@srnc 

You have done a thorough job of troubleshooting. I can tell this isn't your first rodeo. And I'm concerned that you're about to experience what I went through last week. My Roku 2 model 4210 (which internally is a 4200, just in a different plastic casing) starting having severe issues, and I had to retire it. Yours (an actual 4200) isn't quite that far gone, with only two apps affected, but this does not bode well.

I'm afraid you're gonna end up saying, "well, it had a good run" pretty soon. Maybe some others will have an idea, but I can't think of anything that would resolve it if what you've done hasn't already.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos