Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zlbflux
Level 7

The Weather Channel streaming channel crashing/rebooting Roku Express

It does this EVERY SINGLE TIME i stream TWC on my Roku Express, usually after i’ve been watching for between 30-60 min...the first sign that it’s going to crash/reboot is that the video and/or the audio feed gets laggy/choppy, then after maybe 3-5 min of that, my Roku Express just reboots itself. i just installed the newest Roku software update and i have the newest version of the TWC app as well. can anyone help me troubleshoot this?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: The Weather Channel streaming channel crashing/rebooting Roku Express

Are you powering your Express via a USB port on the tv?  Many tv USB ports only supply 0.5 amp which is not enough to power a Roku reliably.  It is recommended  you use the power adapter that came wit the Express connected to house power.  If you don't have the one that came with the unit any USB power adapter you may his have handy may be used as long as it is rated for at least 1 amp output

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos