Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Slash5
Level 7

The Roku Channel on Samsung TVs

Jump to solution

Was the Roku App removed from Samsung smart TV's?  The only app the shows is the Roku Channel.  Last week I had a Roku app in the app section and watched through that app.  The Roku Channel is nit the same. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: App on Samsung TV

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry.

For clarification, the Roku mobile app for iOS® and Android devices is an app you can use to control your Roku streaming player or Roku TV. The Roku Channel is a channel (app) that can be used to watch on Roku streaming devices, Roku TVs and can be added to a compatible Samsung Smart TV.

For more information regarding the Roku Channel, please visit our Support page here: What is The Roku® Channel?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry.

For clarification, the Roku mobile app for iOS® and Android devices is an app you can use to control your Roku streaming player or Roku TV. The Roku Channel is a channel (app) that can be used to watch on Roku streaming devices, Roku TVs and can be added to a compatible Samsung Smart TV.

For more information regarding the Roku Channel, please visit our Support page here: What is The Roku® Channel?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Caiman
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a question along this subject if you don't mind. I just got a Roku Channel on my Samsung TV which seems to be working fine. However, once it is streaming, I can't find a way to go back to the main menu with the Samsung remote, as pressing Return or Exit only operates the TV functions not the Roku Channel. Any idea how can I stop the streaming and go back to the Roku Channel's main menu? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Caiman 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS.

You can reach Samsung support here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/televisions-home-theater/tvs/hd-tvs

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
justcarr
Level 7

Jump to solution
What are the compatible samsung tvs?

Is this one compatible?
Samsung 40" 1080p HD LED Tizen Smart TV (UN40N5200AFXZC)
0 Kudos
markvs
Level 7

Jump to solution

The Roku app on the Samsung Smart TVs is anemic. All you get is a list of videos/shows you can watch.

There are no meaningful settings, you cannot control/manage content, and you can't even search for content.

roku menu on samsung.jpg

The above is a screen shot from my Samsung Smart TV.

If you want to be able to use the features in Roku it appears that you must use their app that comes with their devices. The Samsung Roku app is disappointing.

0 Kudos