Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnsonray345
Level 7

The Roku Channel on Roku TV keeps going black but still has sound

Our 50 inch ONN ROKU Tv. Wont let tbe ROKU channel open up, this began yesterday and I have done everything under the sun to get it fixed but no luck. The tv is about a year old, the screen keeps going black..sound stays but no picture.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku channel not working on my roku tv

Hey @johnsonray345

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

If you have tried removing the channel then adding it back in, did you make sure to restart your Roku TV before re-installing the channel? If no, we would recommend giving it a shot once again. That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting.

Please follow the instructions below:

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > Power > System restart > Restart.
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

If the issue persists, specify to us the other troubleshooting steps you've done so know what steps we should take next.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,
Kariza

0 Kudos
johnsonray345
Level 7

Hi Kariza, thank you for the reply, I have tried, however when I highlite the Roku Channel app  block in the drop down menu the option to remove the ROKU channel is not there. It did come up a few times and say channel not installed. But it was for some new Roku app. What else can I do? I have unplugged it for as much as an hour or more and still no difference, I thought about a hard reset but after reading posts by several people having the same issue they stated that the factory reset didnt fix the issue either. If The ROKU channel works on one Tv but not the other, is it a software issue, or an issue with the Tv its self? We do have the black screen issue with this 50in Onn ROKU Tv at least twice a day and some times 5 or 6 times a day. Im no stranger to working on electronics so im familiar with how they work, there are so many different debates on the many issues that can happen with Roku devices.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Thanks for following up, @johnsonray345

Could you reply here with a photo of your TV screen when you try to remove The Roku Channel? Make sure to press the * button after highlighting the channel to show the options and channel information. 

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

0 Kudos