Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaleidopy
Level 8

The Roku Channel doesn't load content

For severa months, the Roku Channel will not load any tv, specials, or movies. Nothing works! You can select a show, etc, then select play and nothing happens. It will not load, nothing. The channel is up-to-date, as is the roku (Roku player 4200X-Roku3), and software version 10.0.0 build 4209-04.

Every channel works, including Amazon Prime, Hulu, and Disney +, it is only the Roku Channel that will not load.

6 REPLIES 6\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: The Roku Channel doesn't load content

@Kaleidopy 

The Roku Channel works for me. I use it every day, including earlier today.

Try removing the app, rebooting the Roku, then reinstalling the app. All three steps, in that order.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Kaleidopy
Level 8

No, it didn't work. I did exactly as you instructed and it still will not load content.

0 Kudos
Eight8
Level 7

Same. Hadn’t tried Roku Channel content until recently. Found that Roku Channel doesn’t play on Sony Bravia. Rebooted/updated TV; did same for Roku Premiere device.

No issue with other apps on Roku.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hello @Eight8

Thanks for the post.

Are you getting an error message when you open The Roku Channel? Have you tried @DBDukes' suggestion above? If not, I'd recommend giving it a shot. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings System System restart > Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Eight8
Level 7

Hi. Yes, I’ve tried the suggested fixes posted here an in other online forums to no avail. No error msg, just get the brief ‘loading…’ msg, then return to ‘play’ status. No access to any Roku programs.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Eight8, where are you located?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos