Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DWR3135

Re: The Roku Channel crashing to Roku Home screen

Roku channel continues to crash when trying to play a movie on Hallmark movies and mysteries channel which I am paying for 

0 Kudos

Thanks for the update. Was wondering what was going on.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku channel broken please help

As a result of this thread I went into The Roku Channel on my Streaming Stick 4K+ and had the same experience - the couple of programs I clicked on exited clear back to the Roku device's home screen.

As with any problem seeming to affect a single channel, the first thing I tried was uninstall the app, restart the Roku, and reinstall the channel.  I'm now on The Roku Channel version 6.0 build 15 and it is functioning normally again.

Don't omit the restart of the Roku between the uninstall and the reinstall.  This clears the Roku's memory to insure a clean reinstall.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos

Re: The Roku crashing to Roku Home screen is still happening on mine. Trying to watch a sci-fi movie and the ones I try are still crashing.

toughguy5

Roku working here !!  thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still experiencing an issue with playing movies on The Roku Channel, can you please provide the content title you are seeing this issue occur with.

Once we have this information, we will able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to continue investigating.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Sci-fi movies are up and running now. Thank you!

0 Kudos
DWR3135

I have tried multiple selections on Hallmark movies and mysteries, but each time it closes the Roku channel app 

0 Kudos
Jy4talk

As of 6:45pm pst, the Epix Roku app still goes back when trying to open any movie. TV shows seem ok.  Can you please check?

Android Roku app is ok. Issue is with Roku devices

[Updated] 8:36pm pst.  Checked again and it works!!!

Thx

0 Kudos
msattler

Re: Roku channel broken please help

Well, it just started working again.  Did nothing to it since  my last post 4 hours or so ago.  I had updated to version 6 build 15 earlier, but it still did not work at that point.   Working for me now, was able to restart the movie I was watching early this morning.

0 Kudos