Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

The Roku Channel crashing to Roku Home screen

6/22/2022 6:22PM PST 

UPDATE

We believe this issue has now been resolved with movie playback on The Roku Channel.

6/22/2022 6:05PM PST 

Please be aware that we are currently investigating an issue in The Roku Channel where the content detail page on some titles takes you back to the Roku Home screen.

You do not need to take any action. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to post an update in this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
72 REPLIES 72
BETH1982
Reel Rookie

Roku channel broken please help

Roku channel keeps sending me back to home screen won't let me watch anything I've tried everything it was working Last night I have the roku express every other channel works fine 

altac

Re: Roku channel broken please help

my onn tv roku channel keeps sending me back to the main screen when i try to watch something. i dont even get a second of a movie in. last week it let me watch part of a movie before sending me to the main screen. what is the problem.

Nanette

I was watching a movie this morning on the Roku Channel and had to turn it off.  I went to resume it this afternoon and it won't let me watch it.  I can open the movie, but it flashes back to the Roku Channel home screen before I can even click the Resume button.  I tried a different movie and it does the same thing.  I have reset the Roku device 3 times now to no avail.  But I can watch Netflix just fine.  What happened?? 

0 Kudos
micheal489

same here

0 Kudos
msattler

Having the same problem here.  Was watching a movie this morning, went back to finish it, and now nothing will play on the Roku Channel.  Has to be a problem with the channel itself, as I power reset the box and deleted/readded the channel. 

0 Kudos
BETH1982
Reel Rookie

Hey guys we'll hopefully they will fix it soon since it's not just me having the problem...it sucks because they say I can't talk to an actual person because it doesn't support my device,  that's ridiculous there has to be a 1- 800 number 

kleina

Re: The Roku Channel crashing to Roku Home screen

I can get Roku Live TV but if I go to Saved List or other movies, it opens the Play page for about 1 second then goes back to home. Just started today as far as I know.

kleina

It’s working ok now! Thanks 

0 Kudos
DWR3135

This has not been fixed!