Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gchiu
Level 7

The Roku Channel - Where is Earth: Final Conflict?

I was watching Earth: Final Conflict on the Roku Channel but now I can't find it.
There's no history available that I can see,  and I don't think I got the wrong channel since it's mentioned in this blog https://blog.roku.com/blog/2017/12/31/new-movies-the-roku-channel-january

But if I do a search, I only find the 5 seasons on Amazon Instant Video ( I think I only saw 4 seasons available on the Roku channel ).

So, has it been removed?  Or is there another way to find it?  Or is it a geoblocking thing that has come in with the new year?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
trekkeriii
Level 10

Re: Where is Earth: Final Conflict?

I am guessing there's a licensing issue or something. It's definitely not on the Roku Channel at the moment. Said it's coming in January, so could be not until mid or end of January. Depends on the terms between Roku and who owns the show.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos
gchiu
Level 7

Well, it was here in Dec 2017 as per this help request Not able to record sound on Earth: Final Conflict so maybe it has been removed for reasons that they have not disclosed.

I'm reassured that if you can't see it, then it's not likely to be a geoblock since I'm not in the USA.
0 Kudos
mikebdoss
Level 7

Many shows are licensed by the month - that's why you see "What's coming to Netflix in January" type stories. Roku may have lost the license (temporarily or otherwise). 
0 Kudos
blade_005
Level 10

First season is available on Amazon Prime in the US.
TCL-TV Roku 55P605 (4K HDR & DV) | VIZIO SmartCast SB3651‑E6 Soundbar
TCL-TV Roku 43S425 (4K HDR) | TCL-TV Roku 32S301 (720p)
0 Kudos
gchiu
Level 7

And it's back on the Roku Channel .. this time 5 seasons instead of 4.
0 Kudos