Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wgb
Level 7

The Roku Channel Playback Issue

I see under  Announcements the post for the  support page.
I have been there and asked for help on why my Ultra will not play the free movies on the Roku channel.  All I get is is " I have updated your request and respond to this email for further help.  This goes on, and on and on.
Roku did respond once -  " We're sorry for the inconvenience but we are still waiting for the response from our higher team, once we got the feedback from them we'll notify you right away- " .   Then they responded and said the case was resolved  after I have responded back with info on Model, software, etc.
Now, no one answers back on status of the Roku channel problem.  So much for support on THEIR own channel and product.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: No Roku Support

I noticed that nowhere in your post are you asking for help.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"wgb" wrote:
I see under  Announcements the post for the  support page.
I have been there and asked for help on why my Ultra will not play the free movies on the Roku channel.  All I get is is " I have updated your request and respond to this email for further help.  This goes on, and on and on.
Roku did respond once -  " We're sorry for the inconvenience but we are still waiting for the response from our higher team, once we got the feedback from them we'll notify you right away- " .   Then they responded and said the case was resolved  after I have responded back with info on Model, software, etc.
Now, no one answers back on status of the Roku channel problem.  So much for support on THEIR own channel and product.

If you are seeking assistance with your issue, let's get a little more information.

Is the Roku Ultra your only Roku device? That is, do you have another Roku that's not a Roku Ultra? If so, do you get the same results there? Is this an issue with only the Roku Ultra model you have?

Speaking of which, what is the model number of your Roku Ultra with the issue? Is is the 4640 or the 4660 series?
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
wgb
Level 7

It is a Roku model 4660 and is the only one that I have.  I was going to but a second one but am holding off.  I need help or answers on why it will not play Roku channel movies.  They start & revert back to play the movie.
I have emailed and phoned Roku for help since the middle of May and absolutely NO help from them.  
Just emails like - 
We apologize for the inconvenience caused but we are still waiting feedback regarding your concern. "   and   "Let us know how we did with regards to your Roku Customer Support experience:
Regarding your recent support contact, please let us know if we satisfactorily resolved your issue:"  [/font]
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

"wgb" wrote:
It is a Roku model 4660 and is the only one that I have.  I was going to but a second one but am holding off.  I need help or answers on why it will not play Roku channel movies.  They start & revert back to play the movie.

The issue, as I understand it is that you are unable to get Roku Channel movies to play on your Roku Ultra model 4660.

Within the last two weeks I played a movie from the Roku Channel on my Roku Ultra 4660. That’s within your timeframe of the issue. That tells us that the issue isn’t a universal issue; that is, it’s not all movies, not all users, not all Roku Ultra 4660 devices. The fact that this board is not flooded with similar complaints also tells us that most devices, for most users, and for most movies played. That means my experience is not only the expected, but the usual.

So, let’s figure out why you’re getting unexpected results. To do that, we’ll need some specifics, no general statements. But first, let’s try some something.

Remove the app.

Reboot the Roku.

Reinstall the app.

I don’t see that you ever tried that, so do that, exactly that way, in that order.

Now, pick a movie with which you experienced the issue. Pick a good one, because you’re gonna tell us what is is and we’re gonna have to try to watch it to replicate the issue.

Start watching. Pay close attention to what happens with the experience. Note if a commercial plays, how many, how long, what happens with the movie, when things go wrong.

Let us know what movie, and the details of what happened.

Oh, one other thing. Are you running some filters on your network to block ads? Because, if so, we found your problem.

Let us know what happens.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 10

I'd also suggest, if the problem occurs directly following a commercial, try to make note of WHICH commercial triggered the problem.
Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi connected - Samsung UN55ES6100
Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi connected - JVC EM37T
0 Kudos