Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Imemine
Roku Guru

Re: Loud commercials

I've noticed a big change in the last week on the commercials on Roku channel. Anybody else feel the same way? It seems the volume is gone way down

boogernose
Roku Guru

Re: Loud commercials on The Roku Channel

Lately theres one commercial.... about the situation or cell phones or something and it

extremely LOUDLY Buzz's like a few times It is beyond Annoying.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
LG26

Commercial Volume Levels Way Too Loud vs The Show being Watched

When I am watching Roku shows there is a problem with most of the commercials and the how loud the volume levels are.  Case in point, the show "A Million Thanks" as soon as an episode was over the volume level for the commercials jumped to nearly 3 times louder than the tv show.  We had to mute the volume during every commercial which defeats the purpose for your advertisers.  Please fix these commercial volumes so they match to audio level output of the tv show being streamed.

Tags (1)
sylv8134

Re: The Roku Channel: LOUD Volume on Commercials

Turn it down so my people in the next one stop telling me to turn it down

DamonL

Volume levels within Roku

Why is the volume on commercials way louder than the movies and shows provided on the Roku channel? Is this someone’s idea of a joke?😡

lessardrp
Reel Rookie

Roku Channel Commercial Volume

I like the content on the Roku Channel, but why do the commercials have to be upwards of three times the volume of the movies??? It's incredibly annoying and I have to raise and lower the volume several times during the course of a movie. Now I just mute the volume whenever the ads come on. So think about how stupid that is. The volume is obviously made louder so that ads draw more attention to hopefully get people to buy products. But you've made it so annoying that I just mute the ads and will never buy the products.

This did not resolve my loud issues

kingsland
Reel Rookie

Commercial Volume is 3X Volume of TV Shows

Hello all, bought a new TCL Roku tv a few months ago and the commercials are three times the volume of the television shows.  In other words, I watch the tv shows at a volume level of 60 and need to turn the commercials down to a volume level of 20 to compensate.  This is happening on The Roku Channel lineup. For some reason there is no issue with commercial volume when I'm streaming via antenna (Roku gets me hundreds of streaming channels on antenna whereas my old tv could only receive around 30 channels on antenna).  Is there a fix for the blaring Roku Channel commercials ?

I like commercials  but I don't have a choice other than to mute them because they are so loud  that it gives me a head ache  not to mention  if 1 of the babies are asleep  it wakes them up so shame on you roku for making  the advertisements so loud that people have to mute them its not good for us you or the advertisement agency 👅

boogernose
Roku Guru

I dont know what youre using for sound but since i switched to using computer speakers its not as annoying and different channels are better.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.