Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Roku Channel: LOUD Volume on Commercials

To the advertisers on The Roku Channel: I'm sorry that no one at my home listens to your commercials, but you can thank The Roku Channel for that. You see, at every commercial break, the geniuses at The Roku Channel jack the volume up so high that it almost blows my TV's speakers, so the second one of your commercials comes on, we hit the mute button. I guess someone at The Roku Channel still believes that the volume needs to go up so we can hear the commercials when we're in the kitchen during the commercial break. Of course, the 'genius' who decided this has overlooked the fact that when we need a break to get something to eat, we'll just hit pause since Roku IS A STREAMING SERVICE. Anyway, if you want people to listen to your commercials, you should call The Roku Channel and tell them to lower the volume and stop pissing off your potential customers.
3 Replies
boogernose
Level 9

Re: The Roku Channel: LOUD Volume on Commercials

Oh God you just noticed that. It happens all over the net and Roku....everywhere!

The commercials are always louder I guess to drive it into our heads to go out and spend our money on **bleep**. Like dried up jellyfish for our brains<<< ironic aint it?

0 Kudos
Will4890
Level 7

Unbearably loud in comparison to the show or movie being played.
boogernose
Level 9

This used to annoy me a great deal a long time ago.

Not sure what happened but a long while back I started using computer speakers THESE .

And I either got used to it or I dont know.

You can make a Feature request but I doubt it will fly.

Volume Leveling is something usually built into a TV or Sound System.

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-level-the-volume-on-a-tv-when-the-commercials-come-on

0 Kudos