Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PatF633

Re: Watch history

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am able to remove the “continue watching” designation, but it still comes up as “resume” playing if I open the previously watched show. Does anyone know how to clear that? (I am speaking of on The Roku Channel). Thank you!

Tompittler

Re: The Roku Channel - Continue Watching Remove Shows?

Jump to solution

I was watching the full series of DOC but when I decided to go back to the first 2 series they are not longer there only series 3,4,5. What happened to series 1 and 2? Can they be reinstalled??

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: The Roku Channel - Continue Watching Remove Shows?

Jump to solution

@Tompittler 

The content gets cycled on the Roku Channel and others.  Once it leaves, it leaves for awhile and may find itself on another channel/app.  If you add Doc to your "My Feed", on the Roku Home Screen, should alert you when becomes available again or if available on another channel.  Is a bit irritating when the first season(s ) become unavailable, especially if new to a show. 

Currently, I don't see Doc Season 1 and 2 available anywhere else.

To add a selection to My Feed, use the Search feature from Home Screen.  (type in Doc).  Then select "Follow on Roku.  You can normally remove a show from My Feed by selecting "Unfollow".  Other times you have to go back to this Search Menu, type in the program, and then select "Unfollow".  You can't specify which season to follow, unfortunately, so it follows the entire show.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Douggg
Channel Surfer

Re: Watch history - the so-called solution does not work.

Jump to solution

As of this date, there is no such menu option under the "*" menu. There is only "Add to Save List" and "Close"  

So, how is this accomplished now?

AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@Douggg 

You need to be in the "Continue Watching" or the "Save List" section of the Roku Channel before pressing the button to Remove content from these lists.

Pressing the button in any other section will simply provide you the option to Add to the Save List.

Douggg
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@AvsGunnar wrote:

@Douggg 

You need to be in the "Continue Watching" or the "Save List" section of the Roku Channel before pressing the button to Remove content from these lists.

Pressing the button in any other section will simply provide you the option to Add to the Save List.

I am in the "Because You Watched" section of suggestions because I want to remove suggestions.  

AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@Douggg

"I am in the "Because You Watched" section of suggestions because I want to remove suggestions."  

-----

That is a different matter.  Those cannot be removed currently and are random at best.  E.T. (Extra Terrestrial), Wild Hogs, and Hot Bench (whatever that is), are Recommended for me because I watched Cold Case.

Any of these "Recommended because you watched so and so" are really worthless.  It just seems to push trending or available content whether your interested in it or not. 

The "Recommended for you" section on Roku Channel is a little closer to my tastes, except mine gets a little screwy since seems more based on searches, and I do a bit of searching unrelated to my tv watching habits due to troubleshooting for others. (sometimes on the device itself).

Of course, it has been awhile since I've seen ET. 

Douggg
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@AvsGunnar wrote:

@Douggg

"I am in the "Because You Watched" section of suggestions because I want to remove suggestions."  

-----

That is a different matter.  Those cannot be removed currently.... 

Thanks, but this issue is downstream from the bigger issue of the Roku Channel offering no way at all to edit the viewing history, or to delete or clear that history. Someone watched something I want to delete from the history, and it is causing things to appear in the "Because You Watched" section of suggestions that I don't want to see. I really want a way to edit or clear the watch history.

Douggg
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I've deleted the channel because there is no way to edit the watch history.

Anotheryou
Binge Watcher

Re: Watch history * doesn't work to remove shows anymore

Jump to solution

This feature seems to have been removed since Prime updated the app a few months ago. The astrix button doesn't do anything on one click and if I click it twice it turns on screen reader.  It used to be so easy to remove movies from the watchlist on roku but now there doesn't seem to be any option at all.