Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dave_ROK
Level 8

The Roku Channel Buffers Constantly

I tried watching some of my Roku subscriptions on The Roku channel (via its web site or through Roku site) but get regular buffering.

PC is attached to Ethernet, 200 Mbps Spectrum (Speedtest clocks it at 226), nothing else using the internet connection. I've never have had any issues with other video on my PC (You Tube, YouTube TV, Amazon Prime Video, etc.) but The Roku Channel is unwatchable because of the buffering.

Any idea how to fix without going to another room and watching on a Roku Ultra?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
jvgerner
Level 7

Re: The Roku Channel Buffers Constantly

Same here. Works OK on ROKU TV and ROKU Express, but on Windows 10 PC it keeps buffering.WHat is happening? It's unwatchable.

0 Kudos
Dave_ROK
Level 8

Re: The Roku Channel Buffers Constantly

I concluded it is a product rushed to market and that despite what they say they are still more of a hardware company than a software company.

Their web player doesn't appear to be ready for prime time (no pun intended).  I canceled because i often find myself watching movies on my PC and using their service doesn't let you despite what they say.

You can get premium channels directly or through an aggregator like Amazon Prime Video, YouTube TV, etc.

0 Kudos