Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phisher
Level 7

The Pluto channel getting worse as far as being able to view it

So I know there's always been issues with several channels on the @Roku but as of late it seems like #Pluto is getting worse it used to be on my Roku that it would just freeze and if about 2 minutes later it would come back now it seems that anytime I'm watchin@Pluto it doesn't matter what channel it's on it'll play for about 5 minutes then it screen goes black for a minute or two and then it just reboots itself back to the Roku home screen. Is anybody else having this issue I know lots of people have had issues with the black screen but what is going on with it just booting us out

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: The Pluto channel getting worse as far as being able to view it

Hey @Phisher

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing. 

To clarify, have you tried accessing other channels aside from Pluto TV to see if the same problem will occur? Please let us know as well how your Roku device is powered. Is it connected to a USB port at the back of your TV or to a wall outlet?

If the issue only happens on Pluto TV, try removing the channel > restart your device > re-install the channel back in.

You can refer to this link for step-by-step instructions: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Phisher
Level 7

Unfortunately it is only the Pluto channel it always seems to be the Pluto channel it doesn't matter if I'm at my house watching it at my kid's house or a friend's house Pluto channel seems to do the same thing on everybody's Roku I actually after writing this was watching a show got up to answer the door and when I came back the TV was at the home screen again

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Thanks for the note, @Phisher

It seems that there's an issue within the channel that needs to be addressed by the developer directly. Having said that, we suggest reaching out to Pluto TV support to report the issue and for further help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the developer themselves, therefore, they might need to release an update with regards to the issue. 

You can contact them here: https://support.pluto.tv/hc/en-us/requests/new

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos