Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

The OTA channel information (for the channel we are watching) appears randomly for a few seconds

Jump to solution

The OTA channel information (for the channel we are watching) appears randomly across the bottom 40% of the screen. After a few seconds the channel information disappears.
Then a minute or two later it reappears.  This happens on many different channels, not just one.
Over-and-over. Very annoying.

Could this be due to my lack of OTA signal strength?  

If the TV providing me this information over-and-over during the course of the show is a "feature" of the TV losing and then reacquiring the signal, is there a way to TURN OFF THE channel information feature?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 7

Re: The OTA channel information (for the channel we are watching) appears randomly for a few seconds

Jump to solution

I found a solution on another somewhat related post!

Using the suggestion, I reset and reformatted my LIVE TV PAUSE, and the thumb drive.  That did not fix it.
Then I used a different thumb drive and the problem went away!!  Hurrah!!

Here is the post that helped me!
Re: OTA connection drops signal every 10-15 seconds

"Are you using the LIVE TV PAUSE feature with a Flash Drive installed in the USB Port of your Roku TV?

I have seen similar OTA behavior when the LIVE TV PAUSE feature encounters an issue with writing to the Flash Drive. It seems to build up a 10-15 second buffer and then resets constantly, which is the behavior you seem to be describing. If you are using the LIVE TV PAUSE feature, I would suggest disabling the feature and removing the Flash Drive to troubleshoot if this removes the issue. If it does then you may consider using a different Flash Drive or have it format it again when you enable LIVE TV PAUSE feature. "

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 7

Re: The OTA channel information (for the channel we are watching) appears randomly for a few seconds

Jump to solution

I found a solution on another somewhat related post!

Using the suggestion, I reset and reformatted my LIVE TV PAUSE, and the thumb drive.  That did not fix it.
Then I used a different thumb drive and the problem went away!!  Hurrah!!

Here is the post that helped me!
Re: OTA connection drops signal every 10-15 seconds

"Are you using the LIVE TV PAUSE feature with a Flash Drive installed in the USB Port of your Roku TV?

I have seen similar OTA behavior when the LIVE TV PAUSE feature encounters an issue with writing to the Flash Drive. It seems to build up a 10-15 second buffer and then resets constantly, which is the behavior you seem to be describing. If you are using the LIVE TV PAUSE feature, I would suggest disabling the feature and removing the Flash Drive to troubleshoot if this removes the issue. If it does then you may consider using a different Flash Drive or have it format it again when you enable LIVE TV PAUSE feature. "

View solution in original post

0 Kudos