Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Layton170
Level 7

Cannot add Disney Plus Channel to Roku

Jump to solution

My Roku will let me search for Disney Plus, I enter the pin to add the channel and then it says "channel install failed" and it wont add the channel. But I have it running now on my Amazon Fire tablet. Any help would be greatly appreciated

[post merged with already existing thread]

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Disney+ Supported Roku Device Models

Jump to solution

@MPM1980 wrote:

why are those devices unsupported for Disney+??

The most significant reason is that Roku no longer supports those devices, so they won't receive Roku OS 9.2, which is required for Disney+. And the main reason they are no longer supported is their lack of hardware power and storage. There's a huge performance difference between my old 2 XS and even my Stick, which itself is 4-5 years old. And there's no comparison with the latest players. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
S_lasher
Level 8

Re: Disney+ Channel

Jump to solution

The Disney+ app is unable to find my location, and it’s asking me to enable location services. #rokutv  I can’t find anything in my settings menu that will help me locate this. @RokuTannerD 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Bob4
Level 7

Disney +

Jump to solution

I have a Roku HD that is about 4 years old.  I have not been able to find the Disney+ channel on it.  I have repowered it up, gone to channel select and then searched for it, but all that comes up is Disneynow.  I cannot find an option for Disney+.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get the Disney+ channel on my Roku?

0 Kudos
twiceover
Level 13

Re: Disney +

Jump to solution

It doesn't appear your Roku is on the supported devices list:

https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=a168b614db4d40d03c0cf158bf96198e

0 Kudos
tally
Level 8

Disney+ ERROR LICENSE CONTENT ERROR won't play movies or shows

Jump to solution

I have the 3600x updated 9.2, like everyone says . . . app loaded flawlessly, signed in, all looked good, BUT if you click on ANY movie/tv show, anything, it gives you an error message

error

LICENSE CONTENT ERROR

and takes you back to the main screen. tried restarting roku, re-logging in to Disney+, not a streaming issue, works fine on my macbook computer and my firestick on another tv.  please help. would LIKE to watch on our main tv with roku

Beckybisson1212
Level 7

Re: Disney Plus error adding channel

Jump to solution
I have same error did you find solution i have roku 2 xs
0 Kudos
ScottK-LV
Level 8

Re: Disney+ Channel

Jump to solution

Why doesn't an option for Disney+ appear on my Roku2?  Is it not supported?  It's not even an option to download the channel on my selections...

0 Kudos
ScottK-LV
Level 8

Re: Disney Plus error adding channel

Jump to solution

No I did not - I'm starting to think Roku doesn't care about people with Legacy products at all.

0 Kudos
ScottK-LV
Level 8

Re: Disney+ Supported Roku Device Models

Jump to solution

This makes a lot of sense - My Roku 2 is only at OS 9.1 and Disney Plus will not load.  I guess my hardware is obsolete.  Many of you should have received an email from Roku for a $15.00 upgrade to an Express + WHICH WILL SUPPORT 9.2 AND SUBSEQUENT UPGRADES, so take advantage of that email and get new hardware for cheap (comes to about 23.00 w/ shipping and handling).  If you just paid 80.00 for Disney+ I am going to assume you have another 23.00 to upgrade your hardware.  Tough rocks it looks like if you don't want to upgrade your hardware (thanks Roku for telling us <sarcasm>)

0 Kudos