Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tcmathieu

The Chosen APP

I have The Chosen app on my iphone and trying to get it on my TV with Roku. I have Roku but can't get it to upload the watch on tv from the phone app. Roku doesn't come up on my phone as a device to choose. both my phone and Roku are set up with my Wi-Fi network. What am I missing to watch this on my tv? The Chosen app stated that Roku would walk me through setting up Vidangel studios app on Roku, but that didn't happen.

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: The Chosen APP

There appears to be something going on with the VidAngel app for Roku. I never used it, and can't confirm myself if there was a certified VidAngle app in the past (it's possible for non-certified apps to be installed outside the Channel Store). Others have claimed to have seen it in the Channel Store, and I would not presume to say they are mistaken.

Regardless, it's not there now. If it was, and was removed, I don't know if Roku removed it or VidAngel removed it, or if there's simply a technical error going on.

Apart from that, current Roku devices support Apple's AirPlay2. So, if you have a recent iPhone, it should see it when you select Screen Mirroring.

There is a mirroring option for Android, but I don't know the details of it. Not all Android phones were capable us doing it.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
tcmathieu

can anyone help

0 Kudos
DBDukes

VidAngel will have to speak regarding why their Roku app is no longer available. Until that happens, that leaves screen mirroring as the only way to watch, via your phone.

Mirroring is possible via AirPlay2 with an iPhone. You never said what phone you had. If you're wanting help with Android mirroring, you'll need to provide more information about that phone. If you have an iPhone, unless it's a really old one, it should be working with current Roku models.

It would probably be a good idea to share your Roku model number to ensure you have a current (or recent) model: Settings > System > About

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
tcmathieu

I Have an Apple iphone 12E. How do I find the screen mirroring?

0 Kudos
DBDukes

There is no 12E.

There is 12, 12 mini, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max.

There is an SE (2nd generation). There was an older SE a few years ago. 

if it’s one of the 12 series (no button on the front) you can access Screen Mirroring by swiping down from the top right to reveal the Control Center. It’s the button that says Screen Mirroring.

if it’s the SE, access the Control Center by swiping up from the bottom. Again, it’s the Screen Mirroring button. 

DBDukes

0 Kudos
Cherludd

Vidangel was changed to Angel Studios. 

tbbiggs

Re: The Chosen APP - byuTV channel!

Download the byuTV channel and watch it there. Easy peasy.

0 Kudos

Re: The Chosen is actually found on Angel Studios APP on my Roku

I just discovered it's under Angel Studios! Do search for Angel Studios!

Cinnuint48

The Chosen Can Be Found On Angel Studios on ROKU

The Chosen can be watched on Roku via the Angel Studios app.  It has all 3 seasons on it also.

0 Kudos