Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tetris Gone?

So, did we lose Tetris in the system update that killed channels this week, or was it an expected/scheduled removal based on the license expiring. I know that that the rights to that particular game frequently needs to be renewed with The Tetris Company ... but the 2 player online Tetris seems to still be available on the Roku Streaming Channels...just the standard version was removed from my installed channels and is no longer available on the Streaming Channels. So, what gives? Anybody have any clue?
Roku Stick 3600RW
Current software 8.1.0 build 4145-24
0 Kudos
17 Replies
Matt9876
Level 7

Re: Tetris Gone?

Tetris is working on my Roku 3 and was found in the channel store ? Hope you find a fix .
ROKU Premiere Plus
ROKU 4
ROKU 3
Tablo OTA DVR
Samsung 4K UHD TV
Hisense 4K TV
0 Kudos

I’m using Roku Sticks (current version, current firmware).

The standard 1 player version of Tetris (not “Tetris Battle 2P”) doesn’t show up as a search result in the streaming channel store and the app itself disappeared from my downloaded apps on that day that everybody lost channels/got a bunch of errors.

Same exact thing on two separate sticks in two different rooms linked to the same account. I’ve tried updating and rebooting. No luck it won’t come back.

Anybody else with a Roku Stick having this issue?
Roku Stick 3600RW
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

Could of things...

Always give the exact firmware version, to the include the build number. Saying “current” really isn’t sufficient. There’s a long explanation of why, but that’s the end result of it.

Next, when you log in to https://my.roku.com and search for “Tetris,” do you get both in the results? If so, does it say “installed” or provide the option to add it?
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos

Okay, Roku Stick 3600RW current software: 8.0.0 build 4184-24

Does providing that information give you any clues as to why an app that I had downloaded on two devices would just “disappear” during the auto software update that borked a bunch of apps for users?

Yes, it says it’s “installed” on the my.roku website, but it’s not on either of my Roku Sticks.

I have to imagine that this has happened before to somebody on some Roku. An app disappearing and being listed as “installed” on the site. Is there a standard course of action that people take to fix that? I’ve tried rebooting to no avail. I’d like to avoid a factory reset because logging in to 20 services again across two devices is a huge PITA. Any help is appreciated, I’d like to get that app back.
Roku Stick 3600RW
0 Kudos

Also, why would Tetris be gone from the Streaming Channels search function? Every single other app that I have installed shows up there when searched. This seems to be something going on Roku’s end. The fact that it’s not showing up in search results is a pretty big red flag to me that it’s being actively blocked or hidden (even if it’s not intentional) from my account for some inexplicable reason.
Roku Stick 3600RW
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

I'm investigating.

I checked the Channel Store, and it shows up in a search on a 4200x (I don't have a 3600 handy to check right now).  The store says for "Roku 3 and HDMI sticks" in the description, however.  (for reference, firmware is 8.0 b4184)

For now, best bet is to contact the channel developer (Tetris, Inc, I believe).  If I get any other information, I'll let you know.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Can you please send me a PM with your name, address, phone, and email address, as well as your serial number(s) for the affected unit(s) ((Settings > System > About)).
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos

Done. Forgot to PM you my mailing address. Let me know if you absolutely need that info and I’ll send a follow up PM.

"RokuShawnS" wrote:
Can you please send me a PM with your name, address, phone, and email address, as well as your serial number(s) for the affected unit(s) ((Settings > System > About)).
Roku Stick 3600RW
0 Kudos

Okay...WEIRD, it just randomly re-appeared on the stick in my bedroom after being gone for the better part of a week, but not on the stick in the living room, even after rebooting and checking for updates.

Apparently the stick in my bedroom is a 3800X. Is it possible that Tetris is only compatible with the 3800 series of sticks? Am I hallucinating that I ever had it downloaded on both units? I’d like to think that’s not the case, but I’m old enough to know that the mind sometimes plays tricks on us all...
Roku Stick 3600RW
0 Kudos